gingerbread on droid x arrives...

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread for the DROID X Arrives, Reminds us of the DROID BIONIC - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

anyone know what this means? seems a little vague, but i did do some more research, and apparently p3droid, a dev on mydroidworld, has 2.3 running a droid x. at this point it is unclear if an sbf was leaked or if this was ported over, but it appears to be the newest motoblur as well, aka droid bionic. and some say trumps htc sence... long story short, we are supposed to have 2.3 in the next month... according to unreliable sources, lol.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
well there are some screenshots out there, but seems like another teaser... if anything at least a confirmation of it coming soon...

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
P3 has had leaked GB version for several phones already lol, that guys got the hook up to say the least.

Im happy to hear it's the bionic version as well, I wanted to punch the face of the person the created the blur dock we currently have. I mean phone-app-contacts?? Why would we need a contacts button when we can press phone then contacts.. would have been much nicer to have a browser icon where the contacts icon is.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
agreed... im looking forward to it, although with al these custom roms and launchers, may not want it once i have it

ufish2

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
when i got my X,it was susposed to be the latest and greatest from Verzion...come down to it ,its just the last in line for gingerbread or any up grades also is my last moto phone for sure unless they or verzion get with it,like HTC....stuck with 2 yrs of waiting here:(

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X is still the highest end phone on Verizon and isn't behind on upgrades by any means. The only phones that have official Gingerbread are the Nexus line, as far as I know, and the Nexus line will probably always get updated first.

The Froyo update for the Droid X wasn't grossly overdue. Feel for the Galaxy S crowd.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
The Droid X is still the highest end phone on Verizon and isn't behind on upgrades by any means. The only phones that have official Gingerbread are the Nexus line, as far as I know, and the Nexus line will probably always get updated first.

The Froyo update for the Droid X wasn't grossly overdue. Feel for the Galaxy S crowd.

QFT

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Don't get me wrong, the DX has it's pitfall, encrypted signature locked bootloader fail, but it is a very well built piece of pocket sized hardware and Moto does get out updates with VZW. I really have no complaints about Motorola phones except for the bootloader BS and that really epic PR blunder quoted in my signature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty