Anyone else running GingerBlur have this problem where the screen doesn't fill right?

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
dx-GingerBlur-scrolling-fill-problem.png

Before it would be black all the way down now on anything that scrolls content has this same background. Perhaps it is a poorly implemented fragments api thingy since this is a leak of an unfinished build?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You got it. Spare parts might be able to fix if you select run apps in compatability mode. Spareparts is an app in market.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Seems like were all gona have our own lil snafus until everything is officially cleaned up. Like for a bit, when my screen was locked and plugged in charging, i would slide to the right to unlock, and the slide would freeze across the screen and I would get a vibrate tone that would last about 5 seconds straight. I also believe, even with Liberty and Rubix, Droid X Overclocking sometimes will mess up your device. Sometimes where you have to revert back to stock voltage and frequencies. Mine is now settling in at 1350/400. Battery pull, power on and its fine. It still is an amazing piece of work that we are all thankful for.

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
And I just went into ROM manager to back up my current, screen went black and never did another thing. Stayed powered on(*you could tell by the dim back lighting) Had to battery pull. But also I have seen that partial screen issue you mentioned. It might have to do with ad blocking as I have AdFree enabled and also disabled in overclock tools.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i did have this problem...with my GO sms app...and my checkbook app and such...but it has seemed to correct it self. maybe a few reboots and time fixes all of it.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
ROM manager has been broke for awhile. All backups have to be done in CWM. About all ROM mangaer is good for is downloading ROMs and mods and for that Teamblackhat app has better though more limited ROMs and hack, but some of the most powerful.

To get the latest ROMs I hit the dev website and get the skinny before I download anything. Then its installed through CWorkmod recovery. ROM manger can't boot me into recover, can't load ROMs can't do squat but download.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
There is only a small hand full of apps that has been optimized for GB and most older apps are not configured to utilizes GB layouts and design, I noticed this issue but I have been slowly modding the apps to resolve this issue... For now its best to not to worry until the changes are final, then I am sure developers will design the apps to reflect the needed changes.