rubiX BlurryBread -- Initial Release

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It's a Gingerbread (wiith Blur) version of his rubiX rom, which is very highly regarded.

He's also working on the Focused counterpart, I believe, but no ETA for that.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they care.

Anyway, having tried both, I've gotta say that rubiX > Liberty. No contest. Liberty is a great ROM, though.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am looking forward to 2.0 I have tried a few ROMS I jsut happened to like Liberty more. Darkslide was lookin good too. Apex, I could pass. I still have hope of seeing MIUI here someday.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went from apex to DS 4.2 to Liberty 1.5 to rubix 2.2.1 to GB(rooted deoxed) and themed , now I get rubix blurry bread :D I downloaded but I might wait for some more feed back before I flash ha , or maybe not :confused:

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm game, this rocks. Time to flash :)

Edit: Just curious, we just flash this with the from the recovery in GB right? Just like on 2.2? Eh gonna try it. I'll let you know if I brick it.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So far no problems. No custom boot animation though. I was a little suprised not to see the pretty Rubix cube floating around. More updates tomorrow after some use. No problems setting up though.

Reactions: davidnc and dvader

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I like it. It's nice and responsive and has all the Verizon bloat removed. Can't wait for him to continue development of it. I do kinda wish it had the stock Gingerbread theme rather than the Motorola Blur theme, but oh well.

Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd deoxed might as well in case you want to theme it later . I dont know if you have to forsure.

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Really nice and snappy so far :) Love Drod. I installed CamDroid's theme over at MyDroidWorld, he's working on a Stock Gingerbread theme...not all the way done yet, but getting there, like it better than Motorola and so much damn neon blue. It does work fine with the theme btw, in case anyone was curious :)

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
also got this running.
no problems.. i don't see much of an improvement, but certainly no real issues to speak of.
it's solid if folks want to give it a try.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Its snappy and stable but benchmarks are a little low. Dunno if its just my phone not liking overclocking on gb but its scoring around 1600. But its nice having no bloat

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Correction, Did a few reboots and let it run all day. Great battery life, fantastic speeds, great benchmarks. Can't wait for further Rubix releases. Thanks. (Still very stable.) I recommend everyone try it.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Correction, Did a few reboots and let it run all day. Great battery life, fantastic speeds, great benchmarks. Can't wait for further Rubix releases. Thanks. (Still very stable.) I recommend everyone try it.

+1

The speed and the stability alone is fantastic! I'm definitely glad I decided to run it. However, I've read reports that some peoples' LEDs work. Mine using Handcent and Gmail Notifier does not. The only LED I see is when I make a call and a white light comes on briefly. Can anyone recommend a fix for this?