rubiX BlurryBread -- Initial Release

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Comparison to Focused

How do those using it like as compared to the latest Rubix Focused, meaning is it as snappy, does it have the music player on the lock screen, etc.. Are you going to stick with BlurryBread or do you see yourself going back. Thanks.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Its not nearly as snappy as Focused. I would go back but I like some of the flash of GB. The lock animation and the rotation animation have me hooked. No music player on lock screen. It also doesn't have the keyboard from Focused (which I know some hate, but I loved). But this is an early release so I'm sure it will only get better. I'm going to stick with BlurryBread for now, until a GB based Focused is released.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It's not nearly as developed as rubiX Focused, and I don't think anyone should expect it to be considering that Gingerbread was JUST released and rubiX Focused is on v2 already. This is really basic: no bloat, all apps optimized. I'll be sticking with it because I like Gingerbread.

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
From Focused

So if I am on the newest Focus ROM presently, I have to flash the leaked rooted GB first then this BlurryBread. And I flash them just like I did for Focused, right? Thanks.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just reporting in that I have successfully got BlurryBread working. Since I have never stuck with a Blur looking ROM before, this is refreshing. For now,lol still nice work.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So if I am on the newest Focus ROM presently, I have to flash the leaked rooted GB first then this BlurryBread. And I flash them just like I did for Focused, right? Thanks.

first you need to SBF back to stock, root, then flash the rooted GB and then flash Blurry bread. But yes it is all pretty much the same as flashing Focused, or it was for me.

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Quick question:

I got Gmail to work, Google voice search and all the Google apps. The only one I am having problems with is Google search:

When I push the "search button" it does nothing on the home screen(s)
But when I do it on the app drawer it does (The search app appears but searching for market apps)

I looked at this answer back on the original Forum where you download the ROM: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=10389

And for the life of me I got no idea what he or she is talking about.

Other than that pretty good stable simple ROM; looking forward for more Rubix releases!!!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm wondering the same. I don't think there's a need to.

I'm not the pro at it, but I was instructed to install the dxrooted, then the Deodexed so u can flash ROM builds(Blurry Bread) or Themes(Alpha-1) on that gingerbread build. I did and everything works well. Maybe someone with more expertise can chime in, but that's why I said that

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Only need deodexed for theming. You can flash roms over the odexed version. Thats what I did. Just because of some of the issues I was reading about the deodexed version. Kinda regretting not doing it though, already tired of motoblur theme, kinda feeling for some AOSP.

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Any updates or progress?

Has anyone heard of any further progress since there is a new version of the GB OTA? As much as I'm tempted, I played with the first leaked stock GB and went back to Focused 2.0.1. It is running like a beast and I cant seem to get myself to leave Rubix for the stock GB or this first version of BlurryBread.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, keep in mind that there's been a lot going on with Gingerbread lately, as well as the fact that drod is a college student with multiple Android projects taking place on the side. We should probably just be patient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry