Can't .sbf DROID X

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to sbf my DX and I have tried at least a dozen times and I can not get it to take. Each and every time it makes it most of the way through with no real issues and then during the reboot stage the phone reboots before the sbf process is complete, usually between 50 & 80%. I never get the a 'pass'. Most of the time the phone reboots pretty much as if nothing has happened, except all the apps are gone and FroYo is back (it conects to WiFi, my Gmail is still signed in, the market is up to date, etc.). The only time the sbf appears to work is when I do a factory reset before the sbf, but even then it really doesnt work. When I do it this way everything looks good, but when the phone reboots and it prompts me to activate (etc.) the haptic feedback on the keyboard is turned off, which is a default setting on a new, out-of-box device, and its a feature I turn off. I have bootloader 30.04 and I am using a Windows PC with RSD Lite 4.8 and the full sbf (VRZ_MB8810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf).

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE???

I was finally all set with my GB when the phone/contacts (as in open a contact, hit the call button, fc) stopped working.

UPDATE: On try number 14 I finally got a pass.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to sbf my DX and I have tried at least a dozen times and I can not get it to take. Each and every time it makes it most of the way through with no real issues and then during the reboot stage the phone reboots before the sbf process is complete, usually between 50 & 80%. I never get the a 'pass'. Most of the time the phone reboots pretty much as if nothing has happened, except all the apps are gone and FroYo is back (it conects to WiFi, my Gmail is still signed in, the market is up to date, etc.). The only time the sbf appears to work is when I do a factory reset before the sbf, but even then it really doesnt work. When I do it this way everything looks good, but when the phone reboots and it prompts me to activate (etc.) the haptic feedback on the keyboard is turned off, which is a default setting on a new, out-of-box device, and its a feature I turn off. I have bootloader 30.04 and I am using a Windows PC with RSD Lite 4.8 and the full sbf (VRZ_MB8810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf).

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE???

I was finally all set with my GB when the phone/contacts (as in open a contact, hit the call button, fc) stopped working.

UPDATE: On try number 14 I finally got a pass.

All you have to do is wait until the RSD Lite reads 100% and says to manually reboot device and then unplug device and power down and boot back into Bootloader and plug it back in and then the device will show pass... This is a normal issue that happens..

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is wait until the RSD Lite reads 100% and says to manually reboot device and then unplug device and power down and boot back into Bootloader and plug it back in and then the device will show pass... This is a normal issue that happens..

Yeah, I finally got it to say pass, I had been trying that for a while, but each time nothing happened. I'm still pretty sure it didnt actually reset, because there are too many settings that seem wrong. Like screen brightness being on high and no haptic feedback.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I finally got it to say pass, I had been trying that for a while, but each time nothing happened. I'm still pretty sure it didnt actually reset, because there are too many settings that seem wrong. Like screen brightness being on high and no haptic feedback.

Did you hard reset also after SBF because this is required to complete full system reset? Check final part (Point 9:21) of video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE

Last edited:

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
4.5.5 ? What is that?

New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted
New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

By the way did the updated battery file work for you I posted?

Nope. Still get that same message. Although I just finished installing the new GB. I have a formatted SD card and I haven't even installed Metamorph yet, so I am going to give it a try in a minute. The Honeycomb file still works, so I have been sticking with that. Its like a #1 and #1A.

UPDATE: Just tried your file again, no luck. I have about 7 apps installed and it was the first .zip I tried.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted
New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

OK Got that now but I am use to seeing the whole number...

Nope. Still get that same message. Although I just finished installing the new GB. I have a formatted SD card and I haven't even installed Metamorph yet, so I am going to give it a try in a minute. The Honeycomb file still works, so I have been sticking with that. Its like a #1 and #1A.

UPDATE: Just tried your file again, no luck. I have about 7 apps installed and it was the first .zip I tried.

What file are you trying to MetaMorph because I checked site and you never downloaded the new battery file so how can you say you still have the error, I can see when a file has been accessed and it hasn't been since I posted the update, you need to download the fixed file before you can say it didn't work.

The 3G file isnt for MetaMorph, it has to be flashed through Bootstrap and the Battery file can be installed to MetaMorph, I double checked everything and everything is working perfectly on my device... The only issue I made was rename the file after I made it for MetaMorph and the name cant be changed after being compressed because it is name specific.

attachment.php

Last edited:

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

What file are you trying to MetaMorph because I checked site and you never downloaded the new battery file so how can you say you still have the error, I can see when a file has been accessed and it hasn't been since I posted the update, you need to download the fixed file before you can say it didn't work.

The 3G file isnt for MetaMorph, it has to be flashed through Bootstrap and the Battery file can be installed to MetaMorph, I double checked everything and everything is working perfectly on my device... The only issue I made was rename the file after I made it for MetaMorph and the name cant be changed after being compressed because it is name specific.

attachment.php

Which file are you talking about? I downloaded the VERIFIED files (3G and battery). The 3G file works, I thought I posted that. I'm in tapatalk now. I'm going to create a nandroid and download it again through tapatalk unless you tell me where else to find it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Check out the screen shots I posted in the other thread.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Which file are you talking about? I downloaded the VERIFIED files (3G and battery). The 3G file works, I thought I posted that. I'm in tapatalk now. I'm going to create a nandroid and download it again through tapatalk unless you tell me where else to find it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Check out the screen shots I posted in the other thread.

In post I reported that I made a error on the file and instructed you to download the fixed file, the one you had was not configured with the updated name so I fixed and rebuilt under same name because when the name is changed the data in file has to be changed to the new name each time. MetaMorph is funny like that...

Reactions: snppr22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress