Verizon Hotspot Freeze 2.3

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
It looks like they changed the name of the verizon mobile hotspot. I can't seem to find it in Titiam Backup to freeze it. If any comes by it please share. I want this frozen on my device!

mradlauer

Sep 2, 2010
www.clearcutaudio.com
This has been a known issue since the leaked versions of GB came out...

Seems that VZW has integrated it into the OS to keep tabs on people who are using tethering app, and forcing them to sign up for a data plan...

And for that reason, I will be staying on FROYO until on of these fine developers figures out a way around it... ;-)

wyretrip

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Google may have dropped the tether apps from the market but i have not seen any evidence that there is a mechanism in place to "force" people to get a data plan. Perhaps the tiered data structures they are hinting at introducing could be interpreted that way.

As of right now, you can download the latest version of WiFi tether from the google code site and run it on 596 gingerbread release code without issue. It is how I 3g "enable" my HTC flyer. ;-)

mradlauer

Sep 2, 2010
www.clearcutaudio.com
When i was on an early leak of gb tethering worked fine, then one day it just stopped... and would redirect me to the vzw site to sign up for a tethering plan...

Then i read here that this was case for many users... im not sure if things have change in later versions of gb but i havent heard otherwise.

It looks to me like it hasnt changed. If you cant freeze or remove the hotspot app then eventually your tethering app MAY stop working as it did for me...

I will be staying on froyo until someone at xda figures it out tho... im not really a heavy data user but it comes in handy in a pinch... i do like gb but its a trade of i dont want right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mradlauer

Sep 2, 2010
www.clearcutaudio.com
Oh and from my experience, tethering apps weren't dropped by google but blocked all together by vzw... i was able to confirm this by checking on my wifi xoom

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non