Who is still happy with the Xoom

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Strictly speaking, are you happy with the Xoom or not. Forget the 4g and SD card issues and consider the device itself as it sits in your hands right now.

Are you happy with it?

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Im on the fence...Because the software is still unstable for my liking. I am considering selling it and having the cash on hand for something better. At least something with a working SD card and probably a beyond 3.2 os implementation. Sorry but activating the sd card should not be that hard for the company that compiled the software.

Ghost1313

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I still like mine. I bought mine for what it was.. I didn't expect it to be a laptop replacement just a lightweight way to stay connected without having to tote a heavy laptop around. It has been a great way to support my users via logmein ignition. I have the wifi only version and carrying this with my Verizon mifi device sure beats lugging my laptop bag with me everywhere.

mjs0708

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Very unhappy. I cannot beleive that we are still waiting for the upgrades. I paid the full retail price the day it dropped and still have only a partial usable tablet. Motorola dropped the ball with this one and it sickens me that they are working on another tablet when this one dont work the way it was promised.

Dont get me wrong it is a nice device but it really seems that many companys are doing the same damn thing by promising features and then last minute it falls apart. I also have a HTC Thunderbolt and that said that it would have Skype Video but again, no such deal. I am not sure why it is that these companys can do that. Car manufactures dont promise that your car will have GPS in it and then tell you that you will get it later. Its there when you buy it.

I am a bit angry at the lack of regard to the Motorola faithful and cannot help but feel a bit betrayed with way they have handled this tablet. I certainly think that they are slipping and losing there once firm hold in the cell phone market. Motorola is making it easy for apple to keep there number one status.

Neau

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
There are ways to get the xoom working in full I had mine for about 2 months and since day one I had mine rooted so that I may have full access to the SD. Don't sit around and wait for the device manufacturer to pull out all the updates. What's life with a Droid if your no willing to tweak it yourself. In that case should have gotten an Apple device.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Not quite "in full." No LTE. And if we root to get the SD card don't we loose the ability to rent movies from the market?

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with my wifi only Xoom. It does exactly what I bought it to do, and as my needs change, it hasn't disappointed me.

Not to say I wouldn't love to try one of the newer devices.

But after owning a blackberry storm 1, and hating it. Ever since I bought my HTC Incredible phone, and my Motorola Xoom, I haven't been at all disappointed by the Android OS and devices.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have he WiFi so 4g is through my phone. I am happy with it, unhappy that it is moving forward so slowly. It is doing what i want, but i do want it to improve. The issue is meeting expectations or delighting me, and i am a bit in between.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am as happy with mine today as I was in early February when I purchased it.

In early February though I wanted SD Card and 4G LTE on it ASAP, I still feel the same way.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am extremely happy, but that doesn't mean I don't have some gripes with both Motorola and Google.

My gripes with Motorola center around the general lack of communication. Their marketing department must be on crack if they think they are doing anywhere near an adequate job.

My gripes with Google center around the lack of updates for Honeycomb. With Honeycomb apparently in a beta state, one would expect frequent minor updates... at least every month or more. Instead, they are trying to hold down the number of revisions as if Honeycomb is a production ready OS. Ridiculous. They are clearly in denial.

As others have said, rooting solves the bulk of the issues.

The XOOM has almost completely replaced my notebook at work, when I'm on the road... which is often. The notebook still travels with me, but it only comes out in my hotel room... if at all. It is a joy to have at a meeting. It provides access to everything I need through a familiar folder based navigation. It lays flat on the desk, so it does not form a block between myself and others, like a notebook does. IMHO, it allows meetings to be more relaxed and less "official".

The ability to transcribe voice is invaluable. When taking action items or making other dates, all it takes is a quick touch on the notepad or a few clicks to the calendar while I'm confirming with my other attendees:

"OK, we'll reconvene next Tuesday, when the numbers are out, to...
[touch date] [touch microphone]
...discuss ProjectX's performance in the blankety-blank market. Invite Joe, Sam, Ken and Phil."

And there it is in my calendar... perfect. Same sort of thing for action items or personal minutes.

In moments when things were being said quickly among several individuals, I've just turned on the microphone and transcribed later. [No, we don't have to inform anyone they are being recorded if the recording is only for personal records of a meeting in which we are an attendee. But remember the moment you share it with a third party, you've broken the law.]

With an HDMI to VGA adapter, it's a breeze to hook up to a projector for presentations.

Documents, presentations and spreadsheets can be shared almost instantaneously.

I'm extremely happy with the XOOM. It will be even better with 4G.

Last edited:

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm still very happy with it SD card support would be awesome but even if they don't I'm still happy does everything I need it to do if yiur not happy research before you buy

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Im very happy with my Xoom. I use it almost every day and it almost never leaves my side.

The LTE and SD card thing chaps my @as, but that's for a different thread.

I will love this thing more after the LTE upgrade.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im very happy with my Xoom. I use it almost every day and it almost never leaves my side.

The LTE and SD card thing chaps my @as, but that's for a different thread.

I will love this thing more after the LTE upgrade.

If it is ever upgraded. I think a Xoom 2 will be released and those of us who purchased this thing will be left out in the cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45