no internet connection after upgrade

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello. Sent xoom in last week. They did repairs in one day and sent it back.

Got on Tuesday. Turned it on and followed instructions. Did not get notice of LTE. I followed manualand still have no connection. Turned off took out sim card. Put back in and turned back on.

Still nothing.

Any suggestions?

I was going to call number in package, but forgot it.
Thanks

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello. Sent xoom in last week. They did repairs in one day and sent it back.

Got on Tuesday. Turned it on and followed instructions. Did not get notice of LTE. I followed manualand still have no connection. Turned off took out sim card. Put back in and turned back on.

Still nothing.

Any suggestions?

I was going to call number in package, but forgot it.
Thanks

Got it solved. I got into the office this morning and called the help number on Motorola documentation. They said that they could not do anything and I needed to contact Verizon to re-activate the service.

They transferred me to Verizon and I went through a few people but finally got tech support, who had me pull out the sim card, read her the number, then she activated the SIM card. Now it works.

Of course, I now have to find a place that has 4G so I can actually experience it, but that is a small issue.

lasersolo

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine back after the same thing (one day for shipping, one day for repair, one day back)...shipped back with the free dock.
No internet connection. Called Verizon. The nice lady tried to activate the SIM card and told me it could take up to 24 hours for their system to activate the card before my device would work via the cellular network. I can tell you that it has been all of 10 minutes and nothing! ;-)

lasersolo

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Update: I called Verizon customer service. They told me that my SIM card wasn't activated. She tried that (Saturday night). Checked again on Sunday... still not working. I called Verizon customer service again. This customer service agent told me my SIM wouldn't activate because I was on the promotional 1GB data plan. That plan is not an option with 4G service. If I wanted to use my Xoom on the Verizon network (even with 3G) I would have to upgrade to the 5GB plan ($50/mo). I told her that was "bunkas" and went into a VZW store. They told me the same thing, however they had a 2GB plan they said would work. I went ahead and switched and the thing activated in 2 minutes. Needless to say, Verizon will hear from me. I am a big fan of Verizon, but this is NOT the way to treat customers... free upgrade, but we neglected to tell you that you will have to pay a LOT more every month to use the device on our network.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep. My 1GB plan works fine for 4G. You can't get that plan now, but there is no reason it should not have worked.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I also have the 1GB plan, and I had no problem activating the SIM Card, which was the cause of this thread. It is possible that one or two days made that effect in timing, since they just came out with new plans

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs