Xoom Root problem Please help

billymaloney3

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, i have had my xoom since launch and rooted it shortly after using the first one click method. It installed the Tiamat 1.1.6 kernal on my xoom. That kernal is still on there and i am running stock 3.0. Recently my Superuser app stopped giving permission to my apps. i couldnt figureout what was wrong so i tried uninstalling Su app but that also falied. So now i am stuck with no root privlages but my device still thinks its rooted some how because i cant update. i tried updating but it gets about half way thru and stops. I want to unroot my device so i can update but i dont know what method to use because i am afraid my device will brick because my Su doesnt give permissions and therefore my device isnt technically rooted. All I am looking for is a way to get the Su application off of my xoom and be completely unrooted so i can update. Please respond with anything that may help. Thank you.

Castorshells

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just do a hard reset. Go to settings, privacy, then factory data reset. It will wipe the system clean so back up what you wanna save. I don't believe you would need to re-lock it.

Xoom+Root = Perfect Match