Couldn't Play the Track You Requested

Aigneis

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for answers for a few weeks. I have a Razr Maxx. Prior to the Jelly Bean update around Xmas, I could play all my music. Now, it's reduced to about half. Which is really infuriating b/c I use my phone for music primarily. I have tons of music so I agree that it would take forever to reload it, should I clear it off. I did actually reload a couple of albums, from my pc, in mp3 format, and they still didn't play. I don't know what happens when you hit "clear data" in the Media manager. I am afraid it will wipe out all the music off the phone and sd card.:'( Is that what it means?

lenovo9

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Glad came on thread n read further. Unmount sd card n remount worked for me on Lenovo tab 9". Happened to Google play music after it replaced play store music app of same icon some months after, Version 4.1.513 if that matters. Definitely try this option first!!! This may explain why on another music player multiple copies of tracks on all albums showed up when only one existed.

Vida Dawkins

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy lll. The songs that I have already downloaded from Google Play have suddenly stop playing. I recently read from another post that someone else had the same problem. Please help! Now I am not to good with technology terms. Please explain to me what is meant by formatting the SD card?

Reynaldo Taleon

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Fix: Settings -> Manage applications -> Google Play Music -> Clear data
Clear Data will wipe the corrupted track/database and allow Google Play to re-dowmload the data.

hotice

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Follow the above advice for clearing the media storage data... then simply download any "Rescan Media" app from the market and run it. Give it time to rescan your media and it should be good to go.
Thank you jwcurry83! This worked for me!
I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD on Android 4.1.2.

Bubu_650

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my HTC Desire 500 . simply unmount the SDcard , and mount it again . worked for me :cool:.. hope it will help u too :)

Tara Winchenbach

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I recently upgraded my Motorola Xoom (WiFi) to ICS (4.0.3).

I have my music stored in two separate locations: Internal Storage and SD Card.

When I launch the "Music" application and try to play my music, it can't play some of the songs. Specifically, it tells me "Couldn't play the track you requested".

I've tried clearing the cache for the "Music" application, rebooting, waiting for everything to index, etc. But I still continue to get these error messages. I can play the songs when I click on them from an application like ES File Explorer, but not from the Music app.

I did a bunch of Google/Forum queries to see if I can find anyone that has the same issues, but have not found any similar posts.

Any thoughts you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

-Ronicus

I just got an LG X Power. Im going nuts with out my music. I open my music tab and select a song. It tells me sorry that song can not be played. It does it to all of my songs what gives?? Please I am not tech savvy and im completely lost.
Thank you
Tara

Last edited by a moderator:

Lochinver

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
Can I pump this up to the top of the list?

I have a Galaxy s8, and have copied all my audio files over from iTunes to the phone. Most of the tracks are playing fine, but some simply won't play at all. I have compared files that will play with files thast won't, and there appears to be no difference. I have tried renaming fileds, renaming the albums they belong to, coipying them to the SD Card, copying them to the phone memory, asnd nothing appears to work. I upgraded the Samsung Music Player and now the problem files just give a "Failed to play track" message.

Any ideas?

tawanda Hakulandaba

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Samsung stock player.
Hope this works for you.
Create a folder move that file/song of songs to this folder you have created.after that move that file/song back to the original folder.this has always worked for me.
It seems to be an issue ,suppose it's a ghost file so what you're doing is rewriting the song so the media player recognises it. Hey hope this works for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa