Woke up to Jellybean 4.1.1 update

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys... Mine said no update either but then did the "Clear Data" trick. Worked like a charm, updated instantly after!!! woot! This was on a Wifi Xoom

For those who want to know what the "Clear Data Trick" is":

1. Go to Settings -> Apps
  2. Choose All tab then choose Google Services Framework
  3. Click Clear data button then Force stop button
  4. Go back to Settings -> About -> System updates
  5. You should the Android 4.1.1 OTA update notification.

Reactions: XxViperNYCxX

dcjose48

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys... Mine said no update either but then did the "Clear Data" trick. Worked like a charm, updated instantly after!!! woot! This was on a Wifi Xoom

For those who want to know what the "Clear Data Trick" is":

1. Go to Settings -> Apps
  2. Choose All tab then choose Google Services Framework
  3. Click Clear data button then Force stop button
  4. Go back to Settings -> About -> System updates
  5. You should the Android 4.1.1 OTA update notification.

I've tried that and still nothing. I'm running stock ics and have the wifi Xoom.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Jelly bean was waiting for me Sat morning when i woke up. So far its very nice to use. Love the siri like function....much better actually.

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed a redraw problem that never existed before. Sometimes when I exit a program or turn on my Xoom, my home screens are blank until I turn it off and on again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed a redraw problem that never existed before. Sometimes when I exit a program or turn on my Xoom, my home screens are blank until I turn it off and on again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Been running into the same issue. I'll assume as fast as they rolled it out, a patch will roll out just as quickly. They haven't let me down so far.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
ok I did the force close and clear data of the google frame work services twice in a row and it showed the update was available.

edit: seems the JB update has broken my swiftkey3 : (

Last edited:

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Will it update from 4.0.3 to 4.1.1? I was never able to update to 4.0.4; it always crapped out halfway through the install, then eventually rebooted itself.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Since I got the JB update my swiftkey3 and Swype were pretty much useless on the stock browser as well as dolphin, I downloaded google chrome and they both work as intended, so not sure what the issue is/was

richbonn

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the wifi Xoom and have received the JellyBean push a couple times. Each time I try to update the tablet, it crashes and shows the Android avatar on his back, door open with red stuff in the guts.

When I purchased the tablet, the person who sold it to me told me that it was "rooted." Is there a way to upgrade this, or am I stuck.

Please help!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the wifi Xoom and have received the JellyBean push a couple times. Each time I try to update the tablet, it crashes and shows the Android avatar on his back, door open with red stuff in the guts.

When I purchased the tablet, the person who sold it to me told me that it was "rooted." Is there a way to upgrade this, or am I stuck.

Please help!

If you're rooted you would probably have to flash the update manually. If you look at the rooting section here (or the developement section over at XDA), there should be a guide on how to apply the update. The other route you could take is look for a guide on how to return to stock unrooted so you can apply updates the "normal" way.

EDIT: Go here- http://forums.androidcentral.com/xoom-rooting-roms-hacks/195384-jelly-bean-4-1-1-stock-pre-rooted-live-us-wifi-xoom.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK