Importing Books

theOneAndOnlyMrT

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have some EPUB and PDF books and I'm trying to figure out how to get them imported into this thing. When I connect to my computer, I see the following folders:

Alarms
Android
DCIM
Download
Movies
Music
Notificiations
Pictures
Podcasts
Ringtones

I put an EPUB into Download folder but I can't seem to figure out how to get the Books application to see it. Anyone have any ideas?

kerwink040

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Books app wont see your imported books or pdfs only the ones you d/l from their store (sucks).

(I) Use Aldiko. First make a folder on your Xoom called ebooks. Add your epub files (may work with other ebook formats try it. Mine are all epub so it works). Then d/l and install Aldiko. Open Aldiko and hit home button select sd card option. locate and click on ebook folder you created with your books inside.
When viewing books, at first they may seem to be off the page (especially at the top) click settings/ menu icon (on xoom- bottom left of screen) then click settings button, then hit text button: increase/ decrease the Margins and Fonts buttons till the page is set as you would like it.
That's it. Aldiko saved those settings for me when I opened up other books.
happy Reading

Reactions: theOneAndOnlyMrT

DocSavag

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
nook for Android has a folder called "my documents" under the nook folder. You can put epub formated books there and it will import them to the reader in a "my files" section.

Reactions: pdizzle

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
nook for Android has a folder called "my documents" under the nook folder. You can put epub formated books there and it will import them to the reader in a "my files" section.

Has anyone done this and successfully gotten the cover art to import as well? Any time I do with this seem to lose the cover.

pdizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Nooks presentation of epub files is alot like like google books, I like it alot. I noticed the same thing about the thumbnail cover. Aldiko doesn't have this problem, though the formatting is less desirable.