Verizon 3G Data Already Used Up? Data leak?

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my Xoom without a data plan and activated it over WiFi (a challenge on a MAC filtered protected network, where I could not find the MAC address in the box, on the box, or on the WiFi activation screen displayed during setup!), and immediately after activation it synced up to my Google account and started downloading over 100 aps that I had installed on my Droid 1.

I can imagine that's a bit of data and would use up a chunk of the quota, so for sure there should be a question asked during setup, "Download now over 3G, or postpone until WiFi is available?"

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
this what I get mad about there advertisement shows streaming all this contect and I always thought what about the data cap. I stream tv shows from home on 3g with my x and I use 10g a month easily. I have up on my data stick it has 5g and in 2weeks its used up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Michlo

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd advise anyone with an Android device to disable sync or make it so it only updates once a day. But we aren't talking about syncing. We are talking about having to manage the wifi sleep policies to not use 3G. And people talking about they turn 3G data service off and back on when they leave their houses. Why do I have to turn 3G on and off? It's just dumb to have to constantly manage the device and turn GPS, Wifi, data on and off. Overkill.

Umm, you don't have to do this. You simply set it to always use WiFi when it is available and not switch to data plan when sleeping. It really isn't difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38