Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Twitter

I'm sorry if it's already been mentioned, but is there a good Twitter client designed for honeycomb available yet? The actual Twitter app isn't optimized for the xoom yet and It sucks.

Thanks..

Plume works pretty well, but to be honest, I simply made a homepage bookmark to the full Twitter site. The browser is so fast on the Xoom I found this to be the best solution for me... and the bonus is Android creates a Twitter icon for the bookmark.

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Twidroyd, while not optimized, works really well for me. It's clearly just the phone version stretched out but if you go into the settings and put it on the large font size, it's rather touch-friendly.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

ROM
    Cyanogen mod 7 (DInc)

I'm using TweetDeck. Not 100%, but pretty good as is.

Seesmic with large font works well enough for now.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

I'm using Plume. Just had to enlarge the font and that's good enough for me for now. Still waiting to see a tablet optimized application like GMail and CNN.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

I use TweetCaster - it's not optimized, but it works well in landscape and portrait modes. I'm hoping they provide an update to use fragments with the feed on the left and the right side showing info for the currently highlighted tweet, much like Twitter now does.

It amazes me how far behind the official Twitter app is on every platform. Why would Xoom be any different?

If you could get into the alpha testing, there is a great app in the works that is optimized for it. If you search hard enough on twitter, you probably hear some chater about it...

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson481 View Post
    If you could get into the alpha testing, there is a great app in the works that is optimized for it. If you search hard enough on twitter, you probably hear some chater about it...
    agreed, it is definitely the best and fully optimized for the Xoom

Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts

Cool

Although its not released yet, issimo for Android has a dedicated Honeycomb version. We are aiming for a market beta release in the coming weeks for both mobiles devices and Xoom. Here is a screenie below. Feel free to follow me @Natemz and @Britishturbo to stay up to date on the release date. There will be a lite version and the full version that includes push.

Follow me on Twitter @Natemz

Bookmark. That is why I got the xoom.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts

issimo is sweet!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattyg151 View Post
    agreed, it is definitely the best and fully optimized for the Xoom
    Why aren't you sharing this with us?

Default bookmark

I agree. Bookmark it.

I have some bugs to work out and some code merges to do but I'm hoping to have the lite version of issimo out in the next week or so if all goes to plan...

There will be lite versions optimized for both handset and honeycomb tablet... I think you will all like the Tablet version very much

There will also be non lite versions that have Pushed @ mentions and Direct Messages. issimo has had push since early last year...

It's in closed beta testing right now but will be out for all very soon!

Follow myself at @britishturbo and my graphics side kick @Natemz

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richiesullivan View Post
    Bookmark. That is why I got the xoom.
    Keyboard seems to lag quite bad on twitter via the stock browser. Is it just me?

Sent from my Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson481 View Post
    Totally agree! I just got it yesterday and it is amazing! Kind of reminds me of Tweetdeck's desktop version. Twitter heaven.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

hey issimo from themobizone and bristishturbo is optimized with 3 columns. very awesome but must be a vip over there so........
    follow me on twitter @3083joe
    www.twitter.com/3083joe

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by britishturbo View Post
    I have some bugs to work out and some code merges to do but I'm hoping to have the lite version of issimo out in the next week or so if all goes to plan...

There will be lite versions optimized for both handset and honeycomb tablet... I think you will all like the Tablet version very much

There will also be non lite versions that have Pushed @ mentions and Direct Messages. issimo has had push since early last year...

It's in closed beta testing right now but will be out for all very soon!

Follow myself at @britishturbo and my graphics side kick @Natemz
    Screenshot looks great. Looking forward to it.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013)

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    1,071 Global Posts

Another look. This is the handset version.

Follow me on Twitter @Natemz

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Why not just use the full site? You do realize that this is like a computer... if its such a big deal just use the Twitter client for now while they optimize it for Honeycomb

Sent from my Nexus S
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Default Honeycomb Apps

I love my zoom and although there arent very many apps made to work well with honeycomb Ive found that the browser is so lightening fast that theres no need for apps at least for now....

Default gpu

u guys read up on the xoom vs ipad 2 gpu comparisons? kinda sucks they win... still getting a xoom anyway cause i love android but damn.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Themobizone's Issimo client has a tablet version that works great on the Xoom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast