Possible To Screenshot Without Rooting?

garbanian

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The topic says it all.
From what I've read, the device needs to be rooted in order to screenshot...I was wondering if anyone knows of any other way to do this?

Thanks,
Garbanian

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No you can't. You can't do it rooted either.

You have to use the SDK to do a screenshot while connected to a computer. Other threads are around about this... we are all a little sad about the non-ability to screenshot and share our creations with each other easily.

Reactions: garbanian

garbanian

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
No you can't. You can't do it rooted either.

You have to use the SDK to do a screenshot while connected to a computer. Other threads are around about this... we are all a little sad about the non-ability to screenshot and share our creations with each other easily.

Boo. Thanks for the information though.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You can get screen shots on the Xoom. I posted a quick how to in the screen shot sticky. You will need to use the android sdk to complete this.Apps like Drocap and Shootme don't work just yet.

* How to take screen caps *
Download the Android SDK and install
Download Java Run Time Envrionment and install
Download the Xoom drivers from motorola

Ok now were going. Open the settings on your Xoom. Go into applications then click development. Now check off USB debugging so now USB deugging is on. Then return to your home screen. Plug in your Xoom with the USB to your computer. Open the SDK and open the tools folder. Then click on the file called ddms. Once this opens it should have a device listed. After the device is listed click the text device above and then select screen capture. It will now take a shot of whats on your screen at that moment. You can rotate and save if you like. Then select another page on your Xoom and then do the same steps to capture more. Really just that simple! Have fun and enjoy.
device.png

Reactions: garbanian