Xoom memory and movie playback questions

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I finally picked up a Xoom last night and so far I like it. However, now that I've actually got one in real life I have a few questions.

The first has to do with available RAM. The spec sheet says the Xoom has 1GB. However, when I go into "applications" and then "running services" it states something like "90mb used out of 546mb". Where is the rest of the RAM or am I reading this wrong?

For movie playback, I used the Xoom preset provided here in the forums to rip some DVD's I own with Handbrake--and playback is very smooth and I'm mostly pleased. I noticed that on both the video players I use (rockplayer and doubletwist) that the navigation panel at the bottom that contains notifications, the time, navigation buttons, etc remains exposed. Is there a way to make the video play on the entire screen to cover up these items? If they can't be covered by full screen playback-can they be dimmed? They are mildly distracting. (It seems like I was in a application once that took up the whole screen.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress