DoubleTwist Issues

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I use iSyncr to get my iTunes playlists on my Droid, but it is not supported on the Xoom yet. As a result, I tried DoubleTwist. The program has come a long way since I tried it 6 months ago (I hated that it transcoded all my music down to 128kpbs).

That said, I am trying to sync about 12 playlists and close to 3,000 songs to my Xoom. DoubleTwist (via USB) continues to give me a large list of songs that are not copied with an "unknown error." I have rebooted my PC (Win7) and even deleted the songs off the Xoom and the database files to start fresh. Unfortunately, none of this yields all songs copying, and in fact, the more times I sync, the more errors I get.

The songs with errors are standard mp3 files with no DRM. Most copied to the Xoom at one point or another (and played), but I cannot get them all on there. If I did not have the large playlists, I would just copy all the files, but recreating the playlists is not an option.

I have updated the drivers on my PC to accommodate the Xoom, but nothing seems to get the sync to work completely. Is their some trick I am missing? Is anyone else syncing iTunes without issue?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There is probably an issue with the location of the file. If they are drm or other protected type files then it will say file type not supported. If it is a general error it is that it can't find the file.

Also have you tried syncing all the music and then syncing the playlists separately?

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
There is probably an issue with the location of the file. If they are drm or other protected type files then it will say file type not supported. If it is a general error it is that it can't find the file.

Also have you tried syncing all the music and then syncing the playlists separately?

Thanks for the response.

All my music is on a NAS, so maybe that is the issue. I am not sure I can sync the music without the playlists because everything is organized in playlists. That is, it is nearly impossible to just find the 3,000 plus songs and to sync them.

codered18

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Look at the error list if it is DRM related.

For what it worth, I have both the USB Sync of Double Twist and Air Sync Double Twist.

For $4.00, the Air Sync is worth it. It allows you to Sync Video too! Plus it does a better job on picking up files. I noticed the Uknown Error you mention with USB. I did the Air Sync and it picked it up.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Try telling double twist to sync with iTunes music and it should be able to find all actuall files because I tunes should know where to find them.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I also had been using Doubletwist. I gave up on it because it is just too slow when syncing. I am now using Winamp. It does exactly what Doubletwist does, but, faster. The only issue I had initially with Winamp is that there is a long learning curve to get everything figured out.

PS: By the way, Winamp is totally free, even the wireless syncing feature.