Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xoom and .FLV files

Hi,

Was wondering since the xoom can play flash video, does this apply to .FLV files? Can the xoom play these files natively now?

Thanks,

Krazee-Eyez Killa

I too am wondering about flash compatability in general. Info on the net is all over the place.

Can someone with a Xoom fill us in on the status of flash capabilties of the Xoom?

-Suntan
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,720 Global Posts

I try to run a .swf that controls my home automation system, and it boots up but it is running in safe mode....it is unable to communicate to other devices on the network. I am chatting with someone at Adobe to try and figure out how to run a file in safe mode, but haven't gotten anywhere yet.

Flash capabilities are great. Grab swf player from the market and you should be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by krazee-eyez killa View Post
    Hi,

Was wondering since the xoom can play flash video, does this apply to .FLV files? Can the xoom play these files natively now?

Thanks,

Krazee-Eyez Killa
    Both QQPlayer & Rockplayer play .flv files (just checked both).

What about embedded flash in web pages? interactive flash, etc.?

-Suntan

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    What about embedded flash in web pages? interactive flash, etc.?

-Suntan
    Its not perfect on all sites, but 90% of what ive tested works. I posred a video showing it the Xoom playing CNET Flash videos. I will admit i havent been a fan of Flash in general, but i have been surprised with the performance on the Xoom.

Some of tye game sites dont render full screen but have been fully functional.