Titanium would not back up apps

LMO

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
After installing Titanium Backup (paid version) I discovered that it was backing up some system data but none of my apps. I was so frustrated and tried everything I could think of. Finally I found the solution. If anyone else has also had this problem, here is the solution that fixed this problem:

Titanium Backup installs Busybox version 1.16. This did not work on the Xoom. I installed Busybox version 1.18.4, and after that, Titanium worked perfectly!

Here are the step-by-step instructions, and also the Busybox v1.18.4 file in case you need them:

1. Using a root file explorer, go to the folder "/data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/files", and rename the old busybox file to something like "busybox.old" (I renamed mine to busybox_1_16, so that I know which version it was. You could also just delete the old busybox file, but I choose to just rename it.)

2. Get the attached "Busybox.zip" file I have attached here... make sure to unzip it on your computer first before copying it to the Xoom.

3. Copy the new busybox file to the "/data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/files" folder.

That's it! Titanium Backup should work fine now and show all your apps.