Can you tether a wifi only Xoom?

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have both thundebolt and Xoom. I have been using the free hotspot so far with good results. I assume that i will need to either pony up after the 15th, or find another way. The tether apps are dissapearing from the market (see other threads in the thunderbolt forum), but i am sure another solution will come up for occassional users....

Reactions: Chrisy

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tethered my unrooted wifi xoom and my unrooted droid x successfully over bluetooth. Just pair the devices, find the phone in the xoom wifi settings and hit the wrench symbol to connect.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have both thundebolt and Xoom. I have been using the free hotspot so far with good results. I assume that i will need to either pony up after the 15th, or find another way. The tether apps are dissapearing from the market (see other threads in the thunderbolt forum), but i am sure another solution will come up for occassional users....

Did you have any trouble initially getting the xoom to use your TB hotspots? I tried use my friends unrooted evo hotspots and it didn't work. It connected and said excellent signal, but no internet. Is there another setting I need to change?
Thanks

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Does the Xoom, or any tab, need any kind of anti virus or spyware programs on it?
While malware is still virtually non existent on the Android platform there is some out there and with the popularity of it growing more is sure to come. If you use strictly the Google marketplace and don't sideload at all your chances are slim, they did have an incident a few months back, but if you want to be safe yes it is a good idea. If you are running honeycomb the pickings are slim but lookout is side loadable straight from the company website and I believe has been around the longest. Not all features are available but as an antivirus software it works excellent.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you have any trouble initially getting the xoom to use your TB hotspots? I tried use my friends unrooted evo hotspots and it didn't work. It connected and said excellent signal, but no internet. Is there another setting I need to change?
Thanks

I had no trouble at all getting the Xoom and Thunderbolt hooked up. created the hotspot on TB, saw it on Xoom and connected like any other WiFi and I was off to the races. The one issue I ran into was in the Las Vegas convention center during a big trade show with many many exhibitors all firing up WiFi, I had trouble holding on to the connection. Phone to internet worked fine. Xoom to Phone was flaky and kept disconnecting. I assume there wasnt enough free spectrum and my power was lower than all the access points stepping on my channel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer