Music Beta and the Xoom

Neosurfur

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Today I received my invitation to try out Music Beta. I uploaded a few songs and started testing it out on my Droid X. It worked really well on there. However when I grabbed my Xoom and tried, the music wasn't syncing with it.

I've read that you need to go to the "Settings" tab in the new music player (I have 3.0 just like what I've got on the X) and connect your account. The issue is that there is no "Settings" section. In the top right there are a few options that pop up, but no "Settings" to speak of.

Has anyone had an issue with this?

I've tried uninstalling updates and clearing the data, but nothing is making that "Settings" tab pop up.

I've also tried going into the main Xoom accounts tab, but there's no Music option with all of my other syncing options with my Gmail account.

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
If Google would send me an invite then I'm sure I could figure it out. Unfortunately owning a 3G XOOM on a 3GB/month contract since launch day and requesting an invite almost immediately doesn't mean jack in the eyes of Google.

jsls

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You have to go under the normal settings > Accounts & Sync > Google and then under that check the box next to Music. Of course this is only a guess as I don't have a Google Music account as of yet.

Neosurfur

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I've tried that as well. But there's no "Music" option.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that I have the wifi version. Although I doubt it would make a difference.

Snrub

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I'm having the opposite problem. I got an invite the other day and uploaded my music. I can access it on any computer and my Xoom but nothing is showing up on my Droid X (running 2.2). However I first tried it on my Xoom and then my Droid X after. Maybe there is some glitch that's only letting the first android device access it right now?

Neosurfur

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I never considered that it may only be allowing 1 device at the moment, but I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out the problem.

I emailed Google Support, hopefully they'll respond quickly.

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem... Go to Market, remove the Music update. After that's done, redownload the update and it should prompt for the username to tie to next time it starts up; it worked for me. Before figuring it out myself I logged a bug with Google, response was "Thanks for the feedback, we are constantly improving..." so don't get your hopes up on their reply :)

-Mike

Neosurfur

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Just tried your suggestion. But it still isn't working. All it's saying is the default "Your music library is empty, connect your device to your computer with a USB..." mumbo jumbo.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I'm having the opposite problem. I got an invite the other day and uploaded my music. I can access it on any computer and my Xoom but nothing is showing up on my Droid X (running 2.2). However I first tried it on my Xoom and then my Droid X after. Maybe there is some glitch that's only letting the first android device access it right now?

You have to go and download the new music app from the market. 2.2 won't update automatically like the zoom did. Search for music download and you should he good to go.

Neosurfur

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I've tried clearing the data, uninstalling and then reinstalling, forcing the applications to quit, rebooting, resycing the gmail account on the Xoom, everything.

Still. Not. Working.

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i had simular issue. i went to the applications and cleared all data, force stopped, then uninstalled... went back to the market and downloaded google music (beta) and it worked.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've tried clearing the data, uninstalling and then reinstalling, forcing the applications to quit, rebooting, resycing the gmail account on the Xoom, everything.

Still. Not. Working.

have you tried going to music.google.com in your browser? for the music app on the phone once you open it and it says all the music mombo jumbo stuff hit the menu buttom and get to settings the first option is choose you google account to sync.

in that drop down should be your google account.

P.S. my xoom and my evo can both stream at the same time. This app is awesome.

Neosurfur

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Just an update to everyone, but it finally came through.

I didn't do anything. Even though I've had access to it through my Droid X since the 17th, it finally popped up on my Xoom.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana