Who has a nest protect?

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would get a nest protect if they had sensors that relayed what the temperature was and sent it back to the nest thermostat to help equilibrate the temperature differences of my house.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I would get a nest protect if they had sensors that relayed what the temperature was and sent it back to the nest thermostat to help equilibrate the temperature differences of my house.

That would be amazing....they do communicate so I wonder why that is not possible. I am going to replace 1 smoke alarm a month with a nest protect and will let you know my experience. I just finished installing and replacing 4 thermostats with Nest Thermostats.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have two Nest Protects (and a thermostat). One was a gift when they were almost brand new, the other one was purchased several months after launch. They are the battery operated (unwired) models. They are still working as well as the day they were purchased. I leave the path lighting feature on, and the one upstairs (high traffic area) has needed to have the batteries changed once.

If there's anything else you want to know, I'll do my best to answer.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Well my two have been ripped down now. One went into alarm nearly instantly and the other would alarm for no reason at least once a week. Being that I imported them I can't exchange, very disappointed with the Nest.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I got the Emerson Sensi for just over $100. It doesn't have geofencing or learning abilities, but it works with Alexa with no hub and also controlled by your phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty