Where to find Unlocked Smart phones?

RIMDHoward

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
Where to find Unlocked Smart phones?
=======================

I started today. This is my 1st thread. Thanks for reviewing my thread. I bought LG tribute HD 4G LTE (Android/CDMA) in box store for deal as unlocked awhile ago. I signed up with TPO plan (Sprint MVNO) with data.

This smart phone is acting up, so looking for alternate one to use with MVNOs. If the new phone work with TPO, I can continue with TPO. Otherwise need to look other career.

Are there any unlocked smart phones in the line of LG tribute HD 4G LTE (android) in the market ?:-

Are there any career offer with shorter lock-in period?

How/where do I find those smart phones?

Thanks for sharing

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

I never use carrier-locked phones, but I'm in the UK, and not really able to advise you. No doubt others will. :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
First, did you get any insurance for your LG phone?
Is it less then a year since you bought it? It may have warranty from LG.
If the previous don't apply and you want to stay with Boost (I'm assuming that's your carrier), there's a nice deal with a great older phone; the Galaxy S6 for $99.
They also offer the Galaxy J3 Emerge for $79.
You can always check all the offerings from cricket and other MVNOs in Walmart or online, to see which one you prefer.
Good luck and let us know what you end up getting and how you like it!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can find unlocked phones from many different sites, like Amazon, eBay, B&H Photo, Techrabbit, etc. You just need to make sure the phone supports the network bands that your carrier uses.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome!
For a number of years I've only purchased unlocked phones directly from the Google Store.
For me it's of primary importance to have first class hardware and support. Cost is secondary.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Unlocked is definitely the way to go! My last two phones were purchased unlocked - an Honor 8 from Newegg and a Google Pixel 2 from the Google Store. I'd recommend a site like B&H or Amazon; or even a manufacturer-specific site, like HTC.