Is the charging pod included?

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The other thing is that a branded corded wall charger from LG (or any other brand) costs about $30 (including the chinese ones sold by AT&T, VZW etc), so $20 extra for the added wireless convenience isn't too bad. It's a luxury not a necessity, so there is certainly a customer base for it.
Well i pick up my chargers for about $10. And i know there is a customer base. I'm part of it. I'm picking one up as soon as they bring it out as long as it @$50. I'm just saying from my view it is a little bit much in cost

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So now that a bumper case is official do you guys thing we'll see the charging orb announced in time to buy with the phone?

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
So now that a bumper case is official do you guys thing we'll see the charging orb announced in time to buy with the phone?

36crcy.jpg

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Wait 'n see. There are already third party Qi compatible charging platforms out there (Eveready Energizer? I can't remember). Someone will likely undercut Google with a similar tilted stand/charger thingie that operates the same,... or better. I don't think Google is going to have the corner on Qi chargers for the N4, or even the most economical.

Christmas is coming. Santa surely has Qi chargers in his bag o' toys. ;)

Last edited:

Murkle

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The other thing is that a branded corded wall charger from LG (or any other brand) costs about $30 (including the chinese ones sold by AT&T, VZW etc), so $20 extra for the added wireless convenience isn't too bad. It's a luxury not a necessity, so there is certainly a customer base for it.

The third thing is that we've already got 2 chargers by the bed, one at work, one in the car, a spare wire for downstairs plugged into the Xbox etc. So we're leaving the N4 charger (and headphones) wrapped in the box so that we'll get maximum price for it later, aren't we?

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The third thing is that we've already got 2 chargers by the bed, one at work, one in the car, a spare wire for downstairs plugged into the Xbox etc. So we're leaving the N4 charger (and headphones) wrapped in the box so that we'll get maximum price for it later, aren't we?

You will be leaving the headphones for much later for sure...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Science or you're wrong.

Charger test here: Ken Shirriff's blog: A dozen USB chargers in the lab: Apple is very good, but not quite the best

With that being said, I buy Palm Pre chargers on Amazon for not much, and they're good quality.
+1 It was too much to type, so I didn't reply earlier...but you put it the right way! If I am gonna be using a $350 phone, then I would prefer to use a branded charger. I have seen people fry their phones with cheap fleabay chargers.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Wait 'n see. There are already third party Qi compatible charging platforms out there (Eveready? I can't remember). Someone will likely undercut Google with a similar tilted stand/charger thingie that operates the same,... or better. I don't think Google is going to have the corner on Qi chargers for the N4, or even the most economical.

Christmas is coming. Santa surely has Qi chargers in his bag o' toys. ;)

I started a thread today to try and keep track of what Qi chargers are available.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-accessories/225402-qi-chargers-nexus-4-a.html

Hope it helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87