Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Nexus 4 cases?

First off November 13th can't come fast enough!
    Now to my question:
    Do you all think cases for the AT&T Optimus G will fit the Nexus 4?
    I want a case on this phone so I don't ruin it but haven't seen anything
    About cases for this phone.

Default Re: Nexus 4 cases?

Agreed with the release. I have a broken phone and I am waiting it out for it.
    The Nexus 4 is 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
    The Optimus G is 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.5 mm
    Personally I think that the case is rubber could fit, but it will be a very tight, particularly as the N4 is rounded at the top of bottom.
    I believe when it is released there will be definately cheap ones of ebay, amazon, DHgateway, Alibaba etc. that you could pick up in the near future.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I hope so. A case and headphones will be my first accessories for sure.
    I feel you. I am using a cheap prepaid AT&T phone from Walmart with a physical keyboard. It's been weird getting used too.
    Plus I am still paying my whole AT&T bill so I can keep my unlimited data and am stoked to be able to use it again lol
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You do know there's an accessories section right? Which is where this should be, not here.
    TheUI likes this.

The phones are different shapes and sizes lol.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Wasn't sure since they are so close in size. Wasn't sure how tight they make the cases.
    Yes it can go in the accessories forum but here fits as well since this section as I understand regards all things nexus 4.

The round edges might be a bit of a problem though, there are plenty of websites which sell accessories cheaply once released however shipping is a bit slow.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Definitely don't try to buy one from ebay yet, you will tend to get cases for the Galaxy Nexus 4G.....even if you typed in LG Nexus 4, it is either not many outlets have them in stock yet or they don't have them listed on ebay yet, personally I do like the back of the phone, nice pattern, I like it so much I don't want to go out with it exposed and then have it scratched up by sand or cracked because it slipped off my desk or anything of the sort.

I had a clear case with rubber sides for my iphone 4S, let's hope there's one for this. I want the back protected but still want to show the back off.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    Definitely don't try to buy one from ebay yet, you will tend to get cases for the Galaxy Nexus 4G.....even if you typed in LG Nexus 4, it is either not many outlets have them in stock yet or they don't have them listed on ebay yet, personally I do like the back of the phone, nice pattern, I like it so much I don't want to go out with it exposed and then have it scratched up by sand or cracked because it slipped off my desk or anything of the sort.
    Apparently the bumpers will raise the phone a few mm to precent scratching on the table, so you could be safe with that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I suppose if you leave the clear screen protector on the back when you first unbox it, and the bumper case with back exposed might be a viable option as well as a clear case, but since it is glass, you definitely need some kind of rubber protection, best viable option would be replaceable backs, since it does have two allen/hex screws on bottom and replace with other possible colors or even plastic or metal, chances are you will see them if breakage and scratching becomes a problem and if the back is simple to take off.

I have seen Phil unbox one Nexus 4 and it had screen protectors already installed front, back and the chrome too, I am hoping the front screen protector does not have the white arrows on it in the consumer release, I would like to always see a phone issued with already installed screen protectors without consumer having to go get one to put on it.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

I wonder what this thread would look like in the accessories section? Just curio.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I put some thought into it, if it did not have the glass back, and I am talking about all smart phones here, I think the glass back balances it out, without a heavy back and when the phone falls it is more than likely to drop screen side first. So at least a heavy back would be good for all phones, at least the back would be much cheaper to replace than the screen.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM

I put some thought into it, if it did not have the glass back, and I am talking about all smart phones here, I think the glass back balances it out, without a heavy back and when the phone falls it is more than likely to drop screen side first. So at least a heavy back would be good for all phones, at least the back would be much cheaper to replace than the screen.
    I'm willing to bet there was at least once that you mocked the 4s for being glass.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Oh yes, very breakable indeed, 4s and anything glass, but never was into the iphone and definitely not into this one being glass either, very dumb move, google making many moves that are kind of out of the ordinary, I just wonder how much money they have lost/gained in production by going with glass rather than polycarbonate? I think I would have spent an extra dollar having a very thick polycarbonate back.....but that is my opinion, but it does look nice....very nice.

i wonder if anyone will come out with a bumper case with a gorilla glass back that will sit flush with the nexus 4. glass on glass, basically so it can protect and reveal the beauty of the phone at the same time.

Global Posts
    1,216 Global Posts

Oh yes, very breakable indeed, 4s and anything glass, but never was into the iphone and definitely not into this one being glass either, very dumb move, google making many moves that are kind of out of the ordinary, I just wonder how much money they have lost/gained in production by going with glass rather than polycarbonate? I think I would have spent an extra dollar having a very thick polycarbonate back.....but that is my opinion, but it does look nice....very nice.
    The problem is when manufacturers go plastic, they get knocked for the phone feeling "cheap". That happens to Samsung all the time. I personally don't think that makes them feel cheap, I think that makes them light as a feather-- and I like that! Anyway, I have an iPhone 4s currently so I'm used to dealing with a phone with a glass back already. I do love the back of that Nexus 4 very, very much!
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Those arent screen protectors in the sense you think they are. They won't stay on long with use. Maybe a day if that.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
    You do know there's an accessories section right? Which is where this should be, not here.
    Real nice way to treat a new member.
    Thanked by:
    barbarianthemadserb and jibby like this.

The back is supposedly gorilla glass as well, so I'm not too worried about direct impact or scratches. However, like in one of the reviews, edge impact may cause a crack. Ive always liked the Note 2 wallet type cases. if they make them for the N4, ill go that route. if not, I'll most likely just get a bumper case and leave the rest as is.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I seen the unboxing and they pretty much look like screen protectors to me, at least a form of screen protection anyway, in other words as Phil peeled the protection that was there in his unboxing it looked exactly like the screen protection I use on mine, very thick and flexible, but yes if they start peeling away by themselves after a day or two, definitely go get some premium protection, like from spigen.

I really only remember Nokia coming out with one of there phones I had gotten from them that did have a true screen protector on them, never had to get another, it had two layers as I recall, a thin film over the already installed protector.
    I really don't know why the manufacturer doesn't put them pre-installed anyway, they tend to put those screen protectors on in clean rooms with no dust floating in the air and they always come out with no bubbles or trash in between the protector and the screen, so I don't know why they couldn't extend the courtesy and put real screen protection on them.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    I thought so :-)

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Hey! I remember you from the Fascinate forum! I acore'd my Day 1 kit to hell and spent hours trying to find a solution, nice to see you're still here.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM

I seen the unboxing and they pretty much look like screen protectors to me, at least a form of screen protection anyway, in other words as Phil peeled the protection that was there in his unboxing it looked exactly like the screen protection I use on mine, very thick and flexible, but yes if they start peeling away by themselves after a day or two, definitely go get some premium protection, like from spigen.

I really only remember Nokia coming out with one of there phones I had gotten from them that did have a true screen protector on them, never had to get another, it had two layers as I recall, a thin film over the already installed protector.
    I really don't know why the manufacturer doesn't put them pre-installed anyway, they tend to put those screen protectors on in clean rooms with no dust floating in the air and they always come out with no bubbles or trash in between the protector and the screen, so I don't know why they couldn't extend the courtesy and put real screen protection on them.
    Hey man, I'm glad you're here and asking a lot of questions/starting relevant conversations. You know, I wouldn't worry about the glass to much. I've had a 4s for about 6 months and haven't ever used a case, the steel band has some rub marks but the glass is still really nice. However I totally understand if you are concerned about cracking your phone, so I can offer this advice, get a cheap silicon/rubbery case and above all remember GLASS IS SLIPPERY!!! I can't tell you how often I nearly had my phone go sailing onto the floor from my knee because of how slick glass is.

Also, if you hike or anything like that, get an Otterbox for those occasions. I hope this helps.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I have my ipod in a rubber slip on case and a matte finish screen protector, only problem is it keeps on slipping out at one corner, but a friend has a rubber and hard plastic case for his and it has bumper on each corner and it does not seem to slip on his, so I most likely will get a heavy duty hybrid case....the cheap want to be otterbox clones, I don't care about looks and it will suit me just fine.

Anything I use I am liable to resale again on ebay so I sure want it to be in good condition.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast