Nexus 4 cases?

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
First off November 13th can't come fast enough!
Now to my question:
Do you all think cases for the AT&T Optimus G will fit the Nexus 4?
I want a case on this phone so I don't ruin it but haven't seen anything
About cases for this phone.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Agreed with the release. I have a broken phone and I am waiting it out for it.
The Nexus 4 is 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
The Optimus G is 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.5 mm
Personally I think that the case is rubber could fit, but it will be a very tight, particularly as the N4 is rounded at the top of bottom.
I believe when it is released there will be definately cheap ones of ebay, amazon, DHgateway, Alibaba etc. that you could pick up in the near future.

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. A case and headphones will be my first accessories for sure.
I feel you. I am using a cheap prepaid AT&T phone from Walmart with a physical keyboard. It's been weird getting used too.
Plus I am still paying my whole AT&T bill so I can keep my unlimited data and am stoked to be able to use it again lol

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't sure since they are so close in size. Wasn't sure how tight they make the cases.
Yes it can go in the accessories forum but here fits as well since this section as I understand regards all things nexus 4.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The round edges might be a bit of a problem though, there are plenty of websites which sell accessories cheaply once released however shipping is a bit slow.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Definitely don't try to buy one from ebay yet, you will tend to get cases for the Galaxy Nexus 4G.....even if you typed in LG Nexus 4, it is either not many outlets have them in stock yet or they don't have them listed on ebay yet, personally I do like the back of the phone, nice pattern, I like it so much I don't want to go out with it exposed and then have it scratched up by sand or cracked because it slipped off my desk or anything of the sort.

paulbadassbriant

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had a clear case with rubber sides for my iphone 4S, let's hope there's one for this. I want the back protected but still want to show the back off.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Definitely don't try to buy one from ebay yet, you will tend to get cases for the Galaxy Nexus 4G.....even if you typed in LG Nexus 4, it is either not many outlets have them in stock yet or they don't have them listed on ebay yet, personally I do like the back of the phone, nice pattern, I like it so much I don't want to go out with it exposed and then have it scratched up by sand or cracked because it slipped off my desk or anything of the sort.
Apparently the bumpers will raise the phone a few mm to precent scratching on the table, so you could be safe with that.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I suppose if you leave the clear screen protector on the back when you first unbox it, and the bumper case with back exposed might be a viable option as well as a clear case, but since it is glass, you definitely need some kind of rubber protection, best viable option would be replaceable backs, since it does have two allen/hex screws on bottom and replace with other possible colors or even plastic or metal, chances are you will see them if breakage and scratching becomes a problem and if the back is simple to take off.

I have seen Phil unbox one Nexus 4 and it had screen protectors already installed front, back and the chrome too, I am hoping the front screen protector does not have the white arrows on it in the consumer release, I would like to always see a phone issued with already installed screen protectors without consumer having to go get one to put on it.

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what this thread would look like in the accessories section? Just curio.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I put some thought into it, if it did not have the glass back, and I am talking about all smart phones here, I think the glass back balances it out, without a heavy back and when the phone falls it is more than likely to drop screen side first. So at least a heavy back would be good for all phones, at least the back would be much cheaper to replace than the screen.

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I put some thought into it, if it did not have the glass back, and I am talking about all smart phones here, I think the glass back balances it out, without a heavy back and when the phone falls it is more than likely to drop screen side first. So at least a heavy back would be good for all phones, at least the back would be much cheaper to replace than the screen.

I'm willing to bet there was at least once that you mocked the 4s for being glass. ;)

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, very breakable indeed, 4s and anything glass, but never was into the iphone and definitely not into this one being glass either, very dumb move, google making many moves that are kind of out of the ordinary, I just wonder how much money they have lost/gained in production by going with glass rather than polycarbonate? I think I would have spent an extra dollar having a very thick polycarbonate back.....but that is my opinion, but it does look nice....very nice. :)

vietmode

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
i wonder if anyone will come out with a bumper case with a gorilla glass back that will sit flush with the nexus 4. glass on glass, basically so it can protect and reveal the beauty of the phone at the same time.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes, very breakable indeed, 4s and anything glass, but never was into the iphone and definitely not into this one being glass either, very dumb move, google making many moves that are kind of out of the ordinary, I just wonder how much money they have lost/gained in production by going with glass rather than polycarbonate? I think I would have spent an extra dollar having a very thick polycarbonate back.....but that is my opinion, but it does look nice....very nice. :)
The problem is when manufacturers go plastic, they get knocked for the phone feeling "cheap". That happens to Samsung all the time. I personally don't think that makes them feel cheap, I think that makes them light as a feather-- and I like that! Anyway, I have an iPhone 4s currently so I'm used to dealing with a phone with a glass back already. I do love the back of that Nexus 4 very, very much! :)

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Those arent screen protectors in the sense you think they are. They won't stay on long with use. Maybe a day if that.

socaltyger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The back is supposedly gorilla glass as well, so I'm not too worried about direct impact or scratches. However, like in one of the reviews, edge impact may cause a crack. Ive always liked the Note 2 wallet type cases. if they make them for the N4, ill go that route. if not, I'll most likely just get a bumper case and leave the rest as is.