Nillkin Fresh Phone Case

Nimbose

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I had been looking for a nice case for my Nexus 4 before I had even ordered it (was waiting for the 16GB model to be in stock), and I came across the Nillkin Fresh on Ebay. It's a nice quality case, but I'm not sure it'd be the best for protecting your phone. I think it's better suited for people who are extremely careful and not clumsy with their phone.

The back is a hard plastic; it definitely feels sturdy but I'm not sure how well it'd fair against a drop against concrete. It'd probably absorb some of the shock, but... Yeah, I'm not about to test it out.

The front is a textured leather (I think; I'm not sure if it's real leather but that doesn't bother me at all) with the logo in the bottom right corner while on the reverse is a suede-ish feel that doesn't leave any marks or residue against the screen. There's nothing keeping it in place apart from gravity, but I've had no problem with that. I was a little bit nervous at first, thinking if I dropped it, it could land on the screen but... Yeah, I'm careful with my electronics.

It's specifically made for the Nexus 4 though, so it has lovely little cut-outs for the speakers and camera! The only niggle is the volume button that can be awkward to press if you don't have the flap pressed all the way against the back. The lock button is slightly harder to press, too.

However, overall I'm really pleased with it. It adds a small bit of weight, but that's nothing bad unless you're super fussy.

Here's some photos of mine; I got it in yellow! :D

IMG_1805_zps6651f3ad.png

IMG_1808_zps19eec7f4.png

IMG_1812_zps4ddf4a30.png

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's a sharp looking case. The back seems to be the same as the Nilkin hard case I bought off ebay; though without texture. I might have to find one of thse. The one downside I suppose would be taking photos, since you have to keep the case open. I take a lot of one handed photos and that might be a PITA with this.

Nimbose

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that's a sharp looking case. The back seems to be the same as the Nilkin hard case I bought off ebay; though without texture. I might have to find one of thse. The one downside I suppose would be taking photos, since you have to keep the case open. I take a lot of one handed photos and that might be a PITA with this.

It's actually not that hard; I had the same worry about the camera, but... Hell, even in portrait mode the flap doesn't flop around like a fish out of water! And in landscape it easily just hangs below the phone. It'd definitely take some getting use to when you haven't had to deal with it before, but it's not difficult at all. c:

The case isn't expensive so it might be worth giving it a shot. I got it from here if you wanna try it out; took around... 10 days to arrive, I think! ;v;

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend