Transparent notification bar

Endlessly

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to make the notification bar transparent, without switching ROMs or kernel?

I've tried the super status bar or whatever it's called from the play store and yes, that did make it transparent but it replaced the notification bar entirely with a fugly bloated new one. I'd like the stock one, just transparent when it's not pulled down

Thanks in advance

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If people want features of a custom rom, why not flash a custom rom? Boggles my mind.

[DEVICENEXUS⁴] [ROMXYLON] [KERNELFRANCO] [RECOVERYTWRP]

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If people want features of a custom rom, why not flash a custom rom? Boggles my mind.

[DEVICENEXUS⁴] [ROMXYLON] [KERNELFRANCO] [RECOVERYTWRP]

Some people like to stay close to stock and only want certain mods. With flashing custom roms it is all or nothing. You got alot of what you want, but you also get alot you don't want. I have flashed custom roms before and still had to apply certain mods. It is also fun and good learning experiences apply mods yourself.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime has the option of a transparent notification bar. No root needed.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
That's why feature can be enabled or disabled.

Posted via Android Central App

That works when the option is there, but that is not always the case, especially with the themed aspects. Mods are not always features that can be turned on and off. A mod can can consist of flashing a script, an XML edit, changing a PNG, etc...It always takes a combination of mods, theming, installing apps, to get me where I want to be, even if I install a custom rom. I do agree, most would be satisfied just flashing a custom rom, but if any are anything like me, they will be constantly want to tweak and enhance their device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That works when the option is there, but that is not always the case, especially with the themed aspects. Mods are not always features that can be turned on and off. A mod can can consist of flashing a script, an XML edit, changing a PNG, etc...It always takes a combination of mods, theming, installing apps, to get me where I want to be, even if I install a custom rom. I do agree, most would be satisfied just flashing a custom rom, but if any are anything like me, they will be constantly want to tweak and enhance their device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Plus since the Nexus 4 is so easy to mod you can not only make it your own you can also improve battery and performance and make the Ui the way you like with mods.

Posted via Android Central App

Andrew Chelladurai

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Its Possible with the Combination - XPosed + Tinted StatusBar

Xposed Framework - [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.4.1)(02.12.2013) - xda-developers
Tinted StatusBar - [MOD][Xposed] Tinted Status Bar [BETA 6.1] - xda-developers

I have it enabled on Stock Android 4.4.2 running the Stock Kernel

Keep in mind that the Tinted StatusBar Module is in Beta so may crash, I have used it for some days now and see no major issues with it
The only two minor things I noticed are the you cant set a high tint value for the icon colors, when you try the app crashes and restarts
an the default color and tint value makes the default system icons barely visible on a white background

Last edited: