I am getting at error when flashing any 4.4 custom rom onto my Nexus 4

owen wilson

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been answered, but i did a quick search on androidcentral and xda and couldnt find anything helpful.

Basically back around the 1st November, PA posted and AOSP 4.4 KitKat Rom, which i successfully flashed using MultiRom TWRP with MultiRom Boot IMG.

However after that my TWRP would switch back to the non MultiRom version i had and i couldnt access any of my Backups.

When trying to install any other custom roms TWRP would return the a error like below:

Failed: "Error executing updater binary in zip"

Initially i thought this was just the 4.4_rom.zip I downloaded, but it happened with all 4.4 roms i attempted to flash.

As a result i decided to return to stock JWR66Y 4.3.
The method i used was performing this all through fastboot - wipe, flash boot, flash recovery, flash data, flash system etc.....

After that i flashed twrp 2.6.3.3 through fastboot and then flashed SU1.44 to gain root access.

I then tried once again to flash a 4.4 rom and TWRP is still returning the same error.

Sorry if this is trivial.... Am i being stupid, have i missed something like updating the bootloader or similar??

Many Thanks for any assistance. Owen

JohnBB101

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey Owen,

There are many possible reasons, one is that you don't have the mako version of 4.4, which is extremely unlikely.
Try updating TWRP to the latest version.

owen wilson

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Is 2.6.3.3 not the latest verison of TWRP? and

The Custom Roms i have attempted to flash are definately all Mako (i checked this in the updater-script).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch