Nexus 4 - Franco Kernel, my experience

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Used the free app to autoflash the kernel and that went great. After flashing I figured I'd like to try the paid app so I bought it and tried to open it, but it'll force close immediately as I try to open it.
I'm running ART, and I think this might be the problem as I've been succesful in opening the app on Dalvik.
How come the free app supports ART already but the paid app doesn't?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Used the free app to autoflash the kernel and that went great. After flashing I figured I'd like to try the paid app so I bought it and tried to open it, but it'll force close immediately as I try to open it.
I'm running ART, and I think this might be the problem as I've been succesful in opening the app on Dalvik.
How come the free app supports ART already but the paid app doesn't?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

The paid app does work on ART don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Posted via Android Central App

Richard Thrower

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
This may be a "noob" question, but how exactly do I go thru the steps to upgrade to Franco.Kernel? I am ONLY hearing good things about it and I would like to change for the better. Any info on this would be great.

LcsZhDrw

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
This may be a "noob" question, but how exactly do I go thru the steps to upgrade to Franco.Kernel? I am ONLY hearing good things about it and I would like to change for the better. Any info on this would be great.

Easiest way is to use the FKU app (franco.kernel updater) to use it. Be sure to be rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez