Best Dual Port USB Car Charger?

JeffreyVB

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Looking to pick up a dual port USB rapid charger for my Nexus 5/Galazy Tablet/Wife's Phone/Power Bank/Etc, etc, etc.

Anyone here have any recommendations? I have looked at Ventev r2200, but have read mixed reviews on it. Also looking at the PowerGen 4.2amp and the Vortiy 3.1amp.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This is the one I'm using and it powers the Nexus Wireless Charger without any issues and have used the other port to charge friends' Android phones and tablets. It also has a pretty small footprint and doesn't stick out as much as some other car chargers I've gotten before. I have a small Civic and other chargers have stuck out so much and blocks the passenger cup holder.

Amazon.com: Scosche USBC202M Dual 10 Watt (2.1A) USB Car Charger works with iPhone 5, 5S and 5C: Cell Phones & Accessories

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This is the best USB charger I've used. PowerGen 4.2Amps / 20W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices on Amazon. I get true 5V up to 2.1 A simultaneously on both plugs using any length USB cable. Other charges I've had couldn't manage dual 1 A and their output voltage/current was low enough that unless I used an extremely short USB cord I would only charge at USB rates (5V no more than 500mA) . With the Powergen no matter what length cord I've used (I also tested with an old 10' USB cord) I was able to charge at rates (5V 2.1A max depending on my device) like I was plugged into a wall outlet. I use Battery Monitor Widget Pro to monitor charge rates on my phone. Enjoy

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air, mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; the new HTC One (M8) and More (Black)
by Anker
1,232 customer reviews | 125 answered questions
#1 Best Seller in Cell Phone Car Chargers
Price: $19.99
Sale: $9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
You Save: $10.00 (50%)

http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Dual-P...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3861794

Julia Bermudez

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I have an Adfilic USB charger with 3 ports. It's almost same price as most dual port USB chargers on Amazon, which makes it a great buy for me.

On the other hand, I've also noticed some 4 port chargers going on sale. Not sure which brand is dependable and I'm really scared of overloading the device especially that I'm always on the road. :mad:

Hope this helps!