Email App

naash89

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
has anyone found a good email app that will support exchange? Outlook doesnt seem to work and I am not a fan of the using my exchange with the gmail app. I tried Nine and its great but $10.00 for the app seems a bit much for what you get.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
has anyone found a good email app that will support exchange? Outlook doesnt seem to work and I am not a fan of the using my exchange with the gmail app. I tried Nine and its great but $10.00 for the app seems a bit much for what you get.

If there is an app that I like and that fills a need of mine, I have no problem supporting the developers. Their time spent is to my benefit--why not contribute to their bottom line?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I hear you. It's pathetic to see that android still doesn't have an inbuilt email client that supports all emails.
I used to spend countless hours just looking for app an years ago and it's still hasn't changed!!

With marshmallow, i hear gmail app supports exchange. What are your reservations on using the gmail app?? On my nexus tablet it works quite well.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

I tried Nine trial for 2 days - then purchased full package. Besides working flawlessly on email, calendar and contacts - the added functions of syncing Tasks and Notes adds to the overall value.

I did have one minor support issue (turned out to be operator error) - their support team answered very quickly.

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
For me the Gmail app works great. I have an outlook.com email address and an exchange work email synchronized with it.

Oddly enough I use the Inbox app for my Gmail account. It is my main email address I use for personal communication, and the Inbox app does a great job.

Edit: I also want to point out the Outlook app from Microsoft is just terrible imo. I much prefer the Gmail app for my non-gmail email address.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
But my wife's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge doesn't have the exchange account as an option in the gmail app. It's nuts!! Samsung specifically removed the exchange plug-in from the gmail app. Don't know why. Same gmail app has the exchange option on my nexus tablet. Go figure!!

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
But my wife's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge doesn't have the exchange account as an option in the gmail app. It's nuts!! Samsung specifically removed the exchange plug-in from the gmail app. Don't know why. Same gmail app has the exchange option on my nexus tablet. Go figure!!

You just need to add the Exchange Services APK. Look at APKMirror.com here.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
You just need to add the Exchange Services APK. Look at APKMirror.com here.
Thanks
Does this add the exchange option to the Gmail app?
The galaxy s6 also has an email app in addition to the Gmail which has the exchange account option already. But this app is no good. You cannot easily search for emails on server, cannot attach multiple files from drop box etc. I want to use the gmail app as my only email client for all emails on my wife's Samsung Galaxy S6

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks
Does this add the exchange option to the Gmail app?
The galaxy s6 also has an email app in addition to the Gmail which has the exchange account option already. But this app is no good. You cannot easily search for emails on server, cannot attach multiple files from drop box etc. I want to use the gmail app as my only email client for all emails on my wife's Samsung Galaxy S6

One of my Motorola phones was missing the Exchange option. Adding this APK made the option show up. You may have to reboot after installing....

Be sure to read the notes on APKs....they are typically aimed at specific OS versions.

naash89

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
i didnt mind the old stock email app, it wasnt great but it worked
with the gmail app the conversation views are terrible, the previews in the notification center are usually of the sent email not the new incoming one, and it seems to take a while to load the message

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
One of my Motorola phones was missing the Exchange option. Adding this APK made the option show up. You may have to reboot after installing....

Be sure to read the notes on APKs....they are typically aimed at specific OS versions.
Yes. That worked!! Thanks. Now I'll test it in detail as my wife is a heavy email user. Hopefully it's got all basics covered

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
What I can't figure out is why Google can't get the Inbox app to support exchange like the Gmail app does? WTH? I'd use it then. Gmail looks like a clownish nightmare. I like the Blue Mail app personally. Free on Google Play.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana