Switching from S6 Edge to Nexus 5X

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I might be trading my Galaxy S6 Edge for a Nexus 5X. Would that be a pretty even trade do you think? I don't want to lowball my device nor the Nexus.. Thank you for your thoughts. Also, those that have had both devices, is one better than the other? Differences?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok so it depends on if your enamored with the screen.. Metal build... And the Samsung features. I had the s6 (not edge) and to me, I'm enjoying the 5x better..although to me, software experience is most important thing. My s6 would stutter, crash and get very sluggish. What good is 3g ram if it has management issues? Again, it depends on what makes you feel fuzzy inside...premium quality materials and super clear colorful screen? Or a no nonsense smooth device that you know with always get the latest update? . 6p is a big phone and an awesome phone.. But not something I want to to be toting around

Posted via the Android Central App

hrrsncrawford

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Edge as well... I love the 5x.. But I would advise going the 6P route as far as a little more battery.. Don't get me wrong , I completely love the battery and camera on here.

restoration85

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
The s6 edge has a more premium feel than the 5x and you will notice it daily, but getting the 6p will help to eliminate the feeling you made a mistake. Plus the nexus devices keep you current with the latest Android had to offer.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I had an S6 Edge - sure the physical appearance is nice but I hated the extra Samsung bloat and the phone was a bit laggy. I also believe cellular reception was poor (I had one which was terrible and a replacement which was still worse than any other phone).

For me the Nexus 5 performs just as well as the S6 albeit in a more plastic build but if that doesn't bother you...

The N5 isn't perfect but at this point in time all the phones I really like are too big (6P, Moto X...).

srome

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Keep the edge its a well build quality phone, not sure why people keep bleating on about the bloat as there is hardly any, I did exactly the same as what you are thinking of doing and I regret it big time.

The nexus 5 has a terrible speaker, earphone and very average build quality feeling very cheap in the hand this is my view only and I'm sure other people would disagree.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Again, if it makes you feel good to hold a peice of metal,Buy the Sammy. If you value software experience, buy the Nexus. Samsung still can't get their software right and it DOES slow down often

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Keep the edge its a well build quality phone, not sure why people keep bleating on about the bloat as there is hardly any, I did exactly the same as what you are thinking of doing and I regret it big time.

The nexus 5 has a terrible speaker, earphone and very average build quality feeling very cheap in the hand this is my view only and I'm sure other people would disagree.

Absolutely agree. It will feel like a complete downgrade for you. Stick with the Edge unless you want to try a phablet and go with the 6P.

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I would like to let everyone know that I switched to a 6P and so far I love it. The size really isn't that big of a deal but the performance is flawless compared to the S6 Edge.. Thanks everyone