Nexus 5X rebooted itself and is now stuck on the boot screen, what should I do?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5X rebooted itself and is now stuck on the boot screen

I was using my Nexus 5X this morning, browsing the web as I often do, when all of a sudden it froze. Sadly, this is not an unusual occurance, and usually leaving the phone for 5-10 minutes allows it to sort itself out.

However, on this occasion, the phone decided to restart itself and for the last 90 minutes has been stuck on the boot screen, with the Google colours happily spinning away.

I've tried pressing (and long, long, LONG pressing) the power button, but nothing happens. To be honest I'm at my last straw with the 5X; this is already my 3rd device. The first device had a speaker fault, and sound kept failing (apparently there was a batch created with faulty internal speaker), while the second has a battery issue, meaning a full charge only lasted around 2 hours.

If anyone has experienced this issue before, I'd be grateful if you could let me know how to resolve it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Although the long-press of the Power button is supposed to be how to force a shutdown on the 5X, try also pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for 15-20 seconds, or Power and Vol Up.

If that doesn't help, then contact Google: https://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en#topic=3415518. Click the Contact Us at the upper right to request a call or chat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XCman