Gmail all in cursive

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
On my 5x all the mail I send and receive is in this annoying cursive font. I recently restored to marshmallow. I was in the N beta. How can I fix this? Nothing else on my phone is in this font.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
On my 5x all the mail I send and receive is in this annoying cursive font. I recently restored to marshmallow. I was in the N beta. How can I fix this? Nothing else on my phone is in this font.

Interesting, since there is no way I have found to change the font style in the gmail app itself.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Only a suggestion - but have you tried force stopping the Gmail app, followed by a reboot of your device?

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Only a suggestion - but have you tried force stopping the Gmail app, followed by a reboot of your device?

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah I did all that and then some. I cleared the phone cache, restored the phone as new, and it still persisted.

I put N preview back on today and it's fixed. Guess for me the developer preview of N is better. :D

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did all that and then some. I cleared the phone cache, restored the phone as new, and it still persisted.

I put N preview back on today and it's fixed. Guess for me the developer preview of N is better. :D

Still very odd. I am almost wondering if it's gmail itself, a setting at gmail.com. And installing the N Preview isn't complete so it's not grabbing the font from your settings online?
Just a thought

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Still very odd. I am almost wondering if it's gmail itself, a setting at gmail.com. And installing the N Preview isn't complete so it's not grabbing the font from your settings online?
Just a thought

It doesn't happen on any other device. Everything sent and received on my 5x was in cursive. Same emails viewed on other devices are not in cursive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty