Bluetooth issues?

Seryozha

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about selling my 6P and picking up a 5x with the Fi promotion. I was wondering if the 5x has the same issue with bluetooth as the 6P before i did this.

The problem im having with the 6P is the bluetooth is very poor. It will constantly cut out or be choppy even from only 3 feet away. It is very annoying. I am told this is because of the drivers that google used.

So, is anyone experiencing this same issue with the 5x?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't really have that issue with my 6P.

What device are you connecting to? You might try unpairing and then re-pairing the device.

Seryozha

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
it does it on anything I connect it to. I mostly use a samsung level U headset, but it also does it on a Harmon Kardon Studio speaker and my Vizio sound bar. I've gone as far as to factory reset the phone and it still happens. I guess i could try getting a refurb from Huawei

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You may have a bad phone. I connect to a JayBird X2 headset and can easily walk 20 feet or more from the phone without skipping a beat. I also connect to the audio system in a 2015 Volkswagon e-Golf without any issues.

Do you have a case on the phone? Try removing it and see if there is any difference.

Seryozha

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
yes, i do have a Spigen Rugged Armor case on it. I'll try without and see how it goes. It seems the antenna is on the top left of the phone. If i touch there it really starts to stutter. I'll report back on how it works without the case.

Edit:
Took the case off and put it back on the desk. Immediately starts to stutter.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have SoundBot SB220 Bluetooth earphones playing music from a Nexus 5x which is in a Cellet shell holster and I have no problem.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the 6P Bluetooth issues seem to be somewhat random. I've never had a Bluetooth issue with my 6P -- I was one that Pre-ordered, so I've had it since the first of November. I also recently loaded the N Preview, still have no issues with Bluetooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty