Does the Nexus 6P have inductive charging?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had a phone that supports wireless charging for almost three years and I've never felt it was worth the cost of a pad, so no loss to me. Some people really like it, though.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Sadly no. This is the only negative IMHO. But with the larger battery. Doze and fast charging I'm hoping the need to trickle charge isn't needed.

This is my thinking, as well. I've got an Verizon LG G2 which has wireless charging and I've really loved it, especially with the phone sitting in my TyltVu charger at night as my bedside alarm clock. But, with all the other benefits of this phone, I think I'll be willing to forgo this feature.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had a phone that supports wireless charging for almost three years and I've never felt it was worth the cost of a pad, so no loss to me. Some people really like it, though.

I find wireless charging slow and my phone can't be used while its on it. Sent back to normal charging after a few days of trying it out and returned the pad.

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
same here.. have a tylt for the office and home.. drop and go - always charged up and its a nice stand at a good angle to view the screen when working so you dont have to pick it up

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Nexus 6 since launch last year.

I started to use a wireless charger that propped the phone up on my night stand for the past few months. It is great for that purpose and since I use it for an alarm clock it was nice. However with quick charge I don't need to necessarily have to have my phone sitting on a charger all night. My commute into work is enough to top the phone off to 100%.

For my use I've found quick charge to be a much higher priority and useful feature than inductive charging. So I'm not too bothered when I get the 6P I'll no longer have inductive charging.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Yep. Definitely depends upon how you use your phone. I go with wireless charging almost exclusively because once I'm home my phone is on its own unless it rings. So it's fine by me if the phone does a two-hour or more recharge. If I were calling, texting, playing games and watching videos at night, then I'd be all over that quick-charging feature.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely going to miss wireless charging. My phone sits on a qi pad while at work, and I have one on on my coffee table in the living room for it to sit on.

It was honestly almost a deal breaker for me but my N5 is dying and the only phones that really support qi this year are the Samsung line and I'm not interested in them.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My thing is I use my phone at home 90% of the time sitting or lying down in one or two specific areas, so my habit is to just leave the thing plugged in while I use it unless I'm going out.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
same here.. have a tylt for the office and home.. drop and go - always charged up and its a nice stand at a good angle to view the screen when working so you dont have to pick it up

Yup. I have a feeling I'll continue to use the Tylt ... but just as a stand for the phone at night. :( LOL!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
here is the answer from the designers on why it was excluded:

HL> Thanks for being a Nexus fan! We added Qi wireless charging starting with N4 because plugging in USB micro B was such a hassle! (Which way is up!?) With this year’s Nexii, we support USB Type-C which has a reversible connector so there’s no more guessing. AND it charges incredibly swiftly: 1% to 100% in 97 mins on the 6P for example (the first ~45 mins of charging is especially fast). Meanwhile, wireless charging adds z (thickness). So, ease of plugging in + fast charging + optimizing for thinness made us double down on Type-C instead of wireless!

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3mzrl9/hi_im_hiroshi_lockheimer_here_at_google_with_the/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non