Apple guy excited over 6P

southflguy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It's my illness and at least the first step is complete: I know I have a problem. LOL

Actually I do keep 2 phones (sometimes 3) and swap sims - I look at it this way: Lots of people have vices that they spend a lot of money on, electronics is mine and it's probably healthier.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's my illness and at least the first step is complete: I know I have a problem. LOL

Actually I do keep 2 phones (sometimes 3) and swap sims - I look at it this way: Lots of people have vices that they spend a lot of money on, electronics is mine and it's probably healthier.

well it's a good thing you're not snorting lines from your iPhone!! then you'd have a major problem ;-)

sent from a Nexus fanboy on his "buttery smooth" and "vanilla" Nexus 6

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I do the same things. I make Youtube videos on them and just like getting phones & tablets. I'm more of a Android guy but, I like the IPhone also. the 6 Plus was my favorite Iphone to date, and I still have it (although I haven't been using it that much lately).

I love the fingerprint scanner on the Iphone 6P and like using Apple Pay. The only time it doesn't work is when the sales clerk does something wrong on his/her end. The battery life is also amazing.

The Nexus line of phones have always been my favorite and I've had every one of them. If the Nexus 6P battery life is close to the Iphone 6 Plus, I will probably have it for quite awhile. (for me that's at least a year until the next model comes out) Having used Android pay with my Note 5, I have no reason to doubt that the Nexus 6P will work just as well as the Iphone 6P when using mobile payments.

I'm pretty excited about Android 6.0 also. :)

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 6 and love it. But the best smart phone i owned was the nexus 4 as that was a great android phone. Battery life and camera could have been better but the software was great. To this date it was the smoothest android phone i have ever owned.

rajendra82

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 6 and love it. But the best smart phone i owned was the nexus 4 as that was a great android phone. Battery life and camera could have been better but the software was great. To this date it was the smoothest android phone i have ever owned.

Instead of switching to an IPhone 6 from the Nexus 4, you should have switched to a Nexus 5 a couple of years ago. Both phones are near identical in size, but the Nexus 5 has a bigger screen with more resolution. If you think the Nexus 4 was smooth, you haven't tried Nexus 5. It remains the best phone to this day. Updated today to android M, and it still flies. I will be glad to get my Nexus 6P, but I will also be sad to the Nexus 5 go.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I was exclusively Android until the 6+ came out last year and I made the jump... I must say I now understand why Apple fanatics called it "premium" in terms of build quality and such. The camera experience also blew anything else I've ever used out of the water. However, I found myself almost always using google services (Inbox/Gmail, calendar, Hangouts, Photos, etc.) so it's been somewhat lacking in that regard. I've had to use Inbox because Gmail app on iPhone is pathetic by comparison, and hangouts is "ok" but you don't get that google voicemail integration.

I am a bit nervous though because I've become accustomed to using fingerprint reader at the bottom, but I think I'll get used to it. Also, the LCD screen tech on the iPhone is still best in class, IMO, so I'm hoping that SAMOLED view won't wear tired on me.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm returning my 6s Plus tomorrow, and had my Note 3 reactivated today. I posted a thread about it over in the Note 3 area for anybody who wants the specifics. IMO, iOS can't hold a candle to Android in terms of overall functionality and customizability. And I was absolutely NOT impressed with the 6s Plus camera at all. 4:3 photos? No thanks. And low light photos sucked compared to my Note 3.

I'm looking to get a 6P now. :)

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So I'm mostly an iPhone user (please no haters!), but I've always carried a 2nd phone since I'm a tech guy and I just love all kinds of technology. I preordered the 6P because it is probably one of the most different and exciting Android devices I've seen (not to mention that I love the Nexus pure Android experience). I've always carried a 2nd Android phone and just swap sim cards when I feel like something different. Are there any other people out there that enjoy doing that?

i do the same thing all the time my wife thinks i am nut i like the app store curation and games on the iphone but for utility i love my galaxy s6 and have been trying to weigh whether i would get the 6p or a moto x style. so i know the feeling all too well. :D

and the one think i am happy about is nexus protect as i hate carrier insurance and applecare+ is so great so this is a nice plus.

bklm1234

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I also carry an iPhone (5s) and an Android (Samsung Galaxy Alpha, love the size and removable battery). Android is my main driver because it has more functionality out of the box (no extra carrier option needed). These 2 are absolute must:
1. wifi tethering
2. app to app communication, i.e. the share button. For example, I can share content from Flipboard to a text-to-speech app to read the content out loud for me. I don't understand why iOS is so lacking in app to app integration. Apps largely run in silos on iOS. Each app is hot-wired to a list of known apps only. So stone-aged for an OS. Android's Share capability has existed forever, which is such a forwarding thinking idea

iPhone however is so smooth and fast. Pages load instantly. Nexus is close but other Android OEM handsets are awful. iPhone is also reliable. My Samsung Alpha hangs for no reason which just doesn't happen on my 5s ever.

iPhone camera is overrated though. It's fast and reliable but pics are not that sharp. Also it doesn't have nearly the closeup ability as the Samsungs (Note 3, 4, Alpha) which is critical for me 'cause I take very close up pics of watches.

I preordered the Nexus 5X. Like that size better. I might get the 6P also. Base model w/ 32 gig storage is enough. So affordable at $500 for practically top specs.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
From my experience the Iphone is the easiest to take pictures. For someone like me, who isn't experienced with cameras; it makes it easy to get good photos. I think this is why the Iphone is so popular with it's camera. It's easy for the average person to just point & shoot. I have a Note 5 and, if I'm careful I can get some really good pics, even better than the Iphone at times, but it still sometimes requires more effort.

It's not a big deal for me, but i think that's why a lot of people prefer the Iphone camera.

As far as smoothness. The Iphone used to be the best. It was buttery smooth throughout, and one of the things I loved about IOS. The Iphone 6 Plus is still smooth, but not like I remember IOS being in the past. The music app is choppy when rotating and scrolls are choppy also, it's just not the same.

Android has come a long way. Right now my Nexus 6 on 5.1.1 is running better than it has ever ran, and is the best running Android phone I own as far as being lag free and smoothness. My nexus 9 just updated to Android 6.0 and to be honest, it was smoother on 5.1.1 I'm hoping my N6 still run good on 6.0, I know it did when I tried the dev preview.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
As far as smoothness. The Iphone used to be the best. It was buttery smooth throughout, and one of the things I loved about IOS. The Iphone 6 Plus is still smooth, but not like I remember IOS being in the past. The music app is choppy when rotating and scrolls are choppy also, it's just not the same.

Android has come a long way. Right now my Nexus 6 on 5.1.1 is running better than it has ever ran, and is the best running Android phone I own as far as being lag free and smoothness. My nexus 9 just updated to Android 6.0 and to be honest, it was smoother on 5.1.1 I'm hoping my N6 still run good on 6.0, I know it did when I tried the dev preview.

I can't brag about me predicting this would happen because it was a foregone conclusion. As iOS continues to introduce more and more features to the iPhone and iOS, a subsequent performance hit is inevitable. WP's recent slew of new features is also having the same effect on their once vaunted smooth/stable OS. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Do I believe iOS and WP utilize faster methods of garbage collection than java based Android? Yes, but the gap is quickly closing as they add more features and as it stands right now they're both barely scratching the surface of it. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see both of them start to buckle big time if they went full out to the degree that Android does with capabilities. Jobs was well aware of this which is why he was so adamant against the direction iOS is heading. I'm not a big fan of Java or Linux but I think a lot of lies, FUD, and misinformation are being spread about them on Apple fansites... *cough* iMore *cough* and let's not forget that Linux is still the most preferred OS out there today on huge server farms

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I've used i Phones in the past and think they are terrific but 2 Things will assure that I never own one again.

1. Tiny screens, 5.5 inches? Please apple, android phablets go up to 7 inches.

2. Can't download torrents into I phone and likely apple will never allow it or will put in so many restrictions that is not worth doing.

Currently rocking a nexus 6, best phone ever, watch all my media on it and haven't used earphones in months thanks to the great speakers.

Can't see myself ever downgrading to a tiny screen like the 5.5 inch I phone s plus.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning my 6s Plus tomorrow, and had my Note 3 reactivated today. I posted a thread about it over in the Note 3 area for anybody who wants the specifics. IMO, iOS can't hold a candle to Android in terms of overall functionality and customizability. And I was absolutely NOT impressed with the 6s Plus camera at all. 4:3 photos? No thanks. And low light photos sucked compared to my Note 3.

I'm looking to get a 6P now. :)

FYI the 6p camera is 4:3 too, IIRC.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I'm not willing to leave Android for iPhone is Google Now integration and search function in Android.
Siri is so damn stupid. At least in my country where I live.
I can't live without Google Now and the smartness of it.

I'm an Apple guy, former Android guy, and Siri is indeed stupid. I really love the iPhone, but Siri is NOT one of the reasons. If I could replace Siri with Google Now I would do so in a heartbeat.

I'm half tempted to sell my iPhone 6 used and buy a 6P with the money. These new Nexus phones are pretty cool. I wonder how quick the cameras are (shutter lag).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm an Apple guy, former Android guy, and Siri is indeed stupid. I really love the iPhone, but Siri is NOT one of the reasons. If I could replace Siri with Google Now I would do so in a heartbeat.

I'm half tempted to sell my iPhone 6 used and buy a 6P with the money. These new Nexus phones are pretty cool. I wonder how quick the cameras are (shutter lag).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering about shutter lag too. Automatic no for me in a phone camera. I was listening to a podcast this week (can't remember which maybe pocketnow) and someone said that it was really quick at taking a picture so hoping it ends up being true!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non