Questions for Frost White owners

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm really interested in the Frost white option for this phone, but have a few concerns/questions, and I was wondering if some of you who have this version might be able to help me out.

My biggest concern is how easily it will scratch and/or what it will look like once it scratches. It's so new, I doubt any of you have scratched it yet, but just wondering if anyone has any sense of this. Is it going to show silver through beneath the white? I was surprised - in that now infamous "bend/scratch/burn test" video - how relatively easily the scratches seemed to wipe away. The remnants were still visible on the Graphite, but it left me with the impression that the remnants of scratches might not stand out all that much on the Frost phone. I understand that any comments on this will likely be speculation (unless someone has been unlucky enough to scratch their phone already), but I'm still interested in thoughts/impressions from those of you who actually have the Frost version of the phone.

Second, I'm curious how the Frost colored portions of the phone feel. In pictures and videos, both the Graphite and Aluminium phones definitely look like metal, but the colored portions of the Frost phone look very different to me; almost as if it's some kind of paint or plastic coating. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but I'm curious how it actually looks and feels "in person".

I like the Aluminium and Frost both, but think the Frost version just looks sort of unique, and unlike any other phone I've ever seen. Still, I'm a little hesitant to make the leap.

Thanks in advance for any information or thoughts anyone might care to share that might help me make up my mind.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I really can't speak to scratches yet, but it seems like it'll be quite resistant. It still feels like metal, but there's a slight texture to it that keeps it from feeling too slick/slippery. I posted a picture in the 'So I ordered a 6p" sticky thread, and absolutely love it so far. I'd definitely encourage you to join Club Frosty! :)

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, my fellow "Masshole". ;) Ya know what, you helped me make my decision. Screw being "safe", I ordered the one I want instead of the "safe choice", so I just pulled the trigger on the 128 GB Frost. :)

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, I won't have my 6P until Monday and, even then, I won't have a phone to compare it to. I do recall one of the "first look" reviews after the Google events where the reviewer claimed the Frost 6P felt more like plastic -- though they qualified it didn't actually feel like plastic, it felt more like metal. I also recall them saying that they liked the feel of the Frost better. Of course, this would have been "pre-production" versions, so they may not have the same qualities of the finished product but, my impression, is that the Frost color is more of a plastic type coating of the metal and that it may be more scratch resistant (harder) than an anodized coating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89