6p Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have had my nexus 6p for a little less than a week and its been a pleasant experience. Battery life has been god awful. 2.5 hours of SOT to 4 hours of SOT. I'm not getting the 6+ hours other are claiming and its frustrating since I'm coming from a G4 that had 2 hours of SOT to 3 hours of SOT if you turned everything off.

Any ideas or tips for me? I have my location set to high accuracy mode, I'm using google and have my emails always fetching. Your help is needed and I am trying to figure out if I have a defective unit or not.

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: 6p

I would first look at the battery status to see what's sucking up all your juices.

If there is a particular battery draining app, I'd disable it.

Next try changing your background to mostly darker colors. The screen will take most of your battery power... Having more dark colors on the screen theoretically will be more energy efficient.

Also try lowering the screen brightness as much as possible. Just make sure it's comfortable enough for you to read.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Honestly every time I've ever had any major battery issues with a phone I do a factory reset... This has absolutely worked every single time.

I also do a factory reset right away every time I get a new phone. When I get the phone I get it connected to my carrier and then before I do any other setup I do a factory reset. I don't know why but several times I've had a buggy install of the OS out of the box so now I just do a factory reset right away.

Another time I also always do a factory reset is after a major OS update.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Hey guys, I have had my nexus 6p for a little less than a week and its been a pleasant experience. Battery life has been god awful. 2.5 hours of SOT to 4 hours of SOT. I'm not getting the 6+ hours other are claiming and its frustrating since I'm coming from a G4 that had 2 hours of SOT to 3 hours of SOT if you turned everything off.

Any ideas or tips for me? I have my location set to high accuracy mode, I'm using google and have my emails always fetching. Your help is needed and I am trying to figure out if I have a defective unit or not.

As I found out high accuracy drains battery like no tomorrow. Besides, the power-saving mode is still accurate enough for most things. Have you checked out what other apps have usage in the battery section?

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

As I found out high accuracy drains battery like no tomorrow. Besides, the power-saving mode is still accurate enough for most things. Have you checked out what other apps have usage in the battery section?

I always use high accuracy. I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars for a product and then not be able to use that product to its full potential out of fear of battery life, or anything else for that matter. I've still been getting 5 1/2 to 6 hrs sot with a full days use on my 6p.

Posted via the Android Central App

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I've never gotten the 6+ hours of SOT on any Android device that others always say they get. The G4 was the same way. Everyone claimed 6 hours of SOT and I was lucky to get 2. The Edge + I'm using now, everyone claims 6+ hours of SOT, but I'm very lucky to get 2.5 to 3. So, just because you're not getting what everyone else says they are, I wouldn't worry about it. It all depends on how you use it, and how your signal is throughout the day. I use mine as a hotspot all evening and night, so my SOT is lower than everyone else because I'm using my battery more. Also, my signal at work sucks, so I have to leave it on the charger at work.

My point? Stop worrying about everyone's SOT. Compare it to your devices that you've used in the past. Is it better? Then you're good. Is it worse? Then try an FDR. But don't monitor a battery in the first week or two because it takes that long for it to normalize and start running right.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

The single, most important, thing you can do to improve battery life is to turn down your screen brightness; the difference in power consumption between 60% brightness and 35% can be enormous.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site

try these tips to extend your battery life: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6090599?hl=en&ref_topic=6023299

Jaramie10

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys, I cant respond on my 6p for some reason. The AC app isnt working and tells me I am not authorized to comment.

As for the tips, I'll try to do all of them and get back to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.