What do you like best?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Before I got the 6p, I said many times that I don't care about aesthetics. You know, that whole function over form thing. I loathe people that dismiss a phone that doesn't meet their design criteria, while neglecting the bread and butter, which in my opinion is the overall user experience.

I also said I didn't care about the fingerprint sensor. Man, what was I thinking?

Over a month into it, and I still find myself staring at my phone sometimes. The user experience is the best I've had from any smartphone. But the single feature I enjoy the most is surprisingly the fingerprint sensor. For me it's in the perfect spot and it works instantly every time.

I also like having the option to bypass the fingerprint sensor in favor of the pattern code for when it's on the desk and I don't feel like picking it up.

Such an amazing device!

Hawgee

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Ditto, Ditto! Like downloading 486mb file, conversation with friend, checking calendar and a song playing in the background. At the same time. Let alone they thru in a fantastic camera. This Nexus 6Putt'n puts my first 1994 Pentium tower in the dirt. Everyday is like 'Wow', can it really do that. And more to come. ;)

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The battery life for me is great. The LG G3 would stuggle to hit 2h SOT. 6P does 3.5h SOT on its worse day.

I so love the camera, build quality and the size. Just at the edge of being big but enough to be pocket size.

Nexus Six P

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I do care about aesthetics of a phone and I don't think the 6P looks special in any way. It looks 'ok' to me and that's about it. Certainly not as nice as something from HTC or Apple imo. But it looks decent.

I think what I'd like to see is Google take control with the hardware and do something like what they did with the Pixel C - Be in full control and design both the hardware and software themselves. None of this partnership stuff anymore. Just outright make a Google phone and have their own distinct, unique design language for the hardware. Right now we've gone from the Nexus 5 to 6 to 5X/6P and none of them look like one another. Couldn't tell they're all from the same 'family' of phones at all except that there's the word 'nexus' branded on the back of them.

I think that's something Google should focus on and change next time round. Skip the partnership stuff, just design a phone and contract a company to manufacture it.

The software is in a really good spot, now they need to focus on design/hardware.

As for what I like the best? Probably the software for me. It's super fast, clean and enjoyable to use overall. I had the Galaxy S6 and LG G4 before this and neither of them were particularly fast and certainly not as nice to use for me.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Being stock with no stupid Verizon apps is what does it for me. There's nothing I can't stand more than getting a new device and seeing all the crap Verizon puts on my phone to slow it down.

I also love the look of this device. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but for me it is one sharp lookin device.

So far I couldn't be happier with this device.