Warranty via ATT

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a warranty via ATT for there 6P? Looking to do so and would like some more information.

Posted via the Android Central App

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have not but let me interject this - Nexus Protect @ $89 one time and a $79 deductible is a good deal. You get up to two accidental damage replacements and it doubles your mechanical warranty. You know you'll get another 6P. Google customer service seems to be outstanding based on all the threads here.

Personally, I'd rather deal with Google than AT&T's insurance company. I'm not sure but I think both insurance plans are underwritten by the same company (anyone confirm that?). The difference is, Google is backing Nexus Protect.

That's my 2 cents. :)

jims52

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure who AT&T uses for their insurer but I spoke with Verizon's insurer which is Asurion and I was told that since Verizon does not sell the 6P, I would receive a "comparable" phone sold by Verizon if anything happened to my 6P. I dropped my handset protection with Verizon and bought the Nexus Protect.
You may want to check with the insurer, but imo the Nexus Protect is a no brainer.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten a warranty via ATT for there 6P? Looking to do so and would like some more information.

Posted via the Android Central App

I dont understand why you would go with ATT. they charge you monthly(around $7) and to claim you would pay $200 with in the first 6 months or $150 after 6 months.

nexus protect is $89 one time and a $79 deductible $168 total cost