WiFi Connection Issues

TCgetsBored

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
First post since getting this phone. I'm a long time Android user (HTC Eris running 1.5).

I'm having issues connecting my phone to my work network. My LG G3 connected automatically without issue. I have duplicated the settings on my 6P and still do not seem to be able to connect for some reason. It simply says connecting.... and then saved.

My G3 was on Verizon; with the 6P I'm on Project Fi.

I this a 6.0.1 issue or . . . . something else?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Check, double-check, and then triple-check your password.

What you describe is exactly what happens if you have entered a bad password. No, you will not receive an "incorrect password" message.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just want to add, there was a user here a few months ago who was absolutely certain he was using the correct Wi-Fi password -- until he found out that he wasn't. :)

TCgetsBored

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Check, double-check, and then triple-check your password.

What you describe is exactly what happens if you have entered a bad password. No, you will not receive an "incorrect password" message.

I just want to add, there was a user here a few months ago who was absolutely certain he was using the correct Wi-Fi password -- until he found out that he wasn't. :)

Thanks. I am positive I'm using the right password because I just changed it and have logged in with it on my PC. It's the right network because I've checked with the IT guy. He's telling that basically because I have an Android phone and our network is set up to be very Mac friendly, I may not be able to use it. . . . this is absurd. I'm currently on the network with my G3, but still the 6P is just thinking (connecting....).

One other observation I've made, the signal strength of the G3 is excellent, on the 6P it appears excellent until you attempt to connect then it says that it is poor. Both phones are right next to each other.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
IF you are able to connect to other networks, say home or someone elses place, then i would start to think its a hardware issue at work. Possibly a firmware issue in the router.
In the past i had issues with HTC devices not seeing netgear routers. At least i think they were netgear. The more networks you can connect to outside of work means its less likely your phone and more likely an issue with the set up or equipment at work.