Switching sim's between Nexus 6P and iPhone 6 Plus on AT&T?

Jason Clishe

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible to switch sim's back and forth between these devices without having to call 611? Generally speaking when the discussion of switching sims comes up I've seen everything from "it should work just fine" to "you'll have to call 611 every time".

I have an iPhone 6 Plus, and I have the opportunity to get a company phone (Nexus 6P). I don't really want to carry 2 phones, but I'm interested in the Nexus. So I was hoping I could get the Nexus through work and then just swap my iPhone's sim back and forth depending on which device I felt like carrying.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The employees at AT&T put my sim from my old phone into the new phone and they didn't call anyone or use their iPad. The employee said it'd be just fine.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
As long as the model has the correct radios (and you have an adapter if different sizes are required) you shouldn't have a problem. I was on AT&T before Fi and swapped phones 5-6 times a year. I always just popped in my SIM. The only thing you will need to worry about is iMessage and switching back and forth.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just be careful not to register your phone number to iMessage or you'll never get text messages on your Nexus when the SIM is in it.

jclake

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Unless you notify AT&T, when going from 6P to iPhone some iPhone features won't work (visual voicemail, toggle for call forwarding, etc.)

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Unless you notify AT&T, when going from 6P to iPhone some iPhone features won't work (visual voicemail, toggle for call forwarding, etc.)

I've switched back and forth more than once and never had an issue with visual voicemail. Don't do call forwarding so not sure about that.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Just be careful not to register your phone number to iMessage or you'll never get text messages on your Nexus when the SIM is in it.

Yeah, that's not true at all. Just shut off iMessage on your IPhone and remove your number from Apple using the tool on their website. It works fine and I have done it several times.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have both and do it often. I had to register my iPhone 6s+ imei for wifi calling on att. I just swap the SIM no issues with Nexus 6P. Got a surprise gift of an apple watch for christmas so using the iPhone more lately not to mention touch id for my banking apps and 3d touch are features that favor the iPhone. Android app developers need to start updating their apps for nexus imprint functionality.

I keep imessage turned off on my iphone. I still get the features of imessage i.e video clips and pictures which work so much better than the message app on nexus.

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
If one phone stops getting cellular data call Att. I used to switch from an iPhone to a Note 4 and it worked fine but a few times I wouldn't get data when going back to the note 4. They said the system doesn't always change back by itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer