How is performance on AT&T?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I was on AT&T when I had my N5 but I switched to Verizon when I got the 6P because AT&T wasn't supporting Voice over LTE at the time. The performance of Verizon has never been as good as AT&T but it was mostly acceptable. However recently there have been some serious performance issues on Verizon (2G speeds on 4 bar LTE connections, see the thread 'Verizon painfully slow'). I'm considering switching back to AT&T so I was wondering how well the 6P is performing on AT&T. Has anyone seen any terrible download speeds like the Verizon problems? Is VoLTE supported now? What kind of speeds are you seeing?

I'll add that just before I switched ot Verizon I ran a Speedtest on my N5 and it got 50M down, I've never seen better than 37M down on Verizon and the upload speeds are always pathetic).

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, live in Orange County, CA. Service is pretty good overall. Internet speeds are good, fast and pretty consistent. Go to Vegas a few times a year and service is good as well. Some spotty service areas (just like any other carrier) but overall service has been good and getting better with time (I've been on AT&T for approximately 8-10 years now). Just got my 6P about two weeks ago and Internet speeds are good. Browsing the web, Google maps, Yelp, etc. all work fast and smooth. I think AT&T has been improving their network overall. I actually worked for them a few years ago when the iPhone launched. Back in the iPhone days (original iPhone) service was not too good... Now it's good overall. Also, I go to Mexico on vacation and works good there as well. Overall, everything's been good.

Note- before anyone says anything, I'm not trying to promote AT&T, not a fanboy of AT&T, or Nexus or whatever. I have a 6P, Windows laptop, and iPad. I use whatever services/devices work for me. Just throwing that out there.

*6P 64gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

Last edited:

Jcblack3310

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
My 6p works flawlessly on AT&T's network. I'll never go back to Verizon, but there is no VOLTE on the Nexus. My phone falls back to H (3g) which is fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
For me the 6p works great on AT&T. My previous phone, the Note 5 seemed to have several signal issues for whatever reason though.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 4 with AT&T. From what i've been reading, the Nexus 6P will be a great buy when my N4's contract is up in a few months. I'm a long time AT&T customer, and the unlimited data plan is "grandfathered" in.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89