Google Play Music

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Play Store shows them as downloaded but not my device. Apparently according to Google Play Store Music I can't listen to my purchased music offline unless I subscribe. If I understand correctly... which should not be the case. That stinks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You're right. That stinks. When you buy something, it's yours-under every circumstance! Maybe a user knows a way around it. I don't use play music, but my son loves it. He uploads his own music, though so I guess he avoids that hassle. See if this helps https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1250232?hl=en. My son says it's doable but does it with Google music manager on his iMac. I still can't understand why it isn't in the app drawer.

anon(24178)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about downloading the Google Play Music app? Or songs that you've purchased? If it's songs that you've purchased, you should be able to download them through the google play music app for offline listening. No subscription is required for purchased tracks. You'll need to open the menu in the play music app and select Music Library to access them. However, I don't believe these songs are available to other music players on your phone (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks like he's taking about downloading and accessing purchased music. I don't think you can access the music offline unless you subscribe to Google Play All Access, but I could be wrong.

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
That's my issue... when downloading my purchased music it should be somewhere in my phones local storage but it appears Google Play will not allow this. So I can't listen offline.

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
if you've added it to your library, or purchased it, then downloaded it to your phone, there should be no issue with playback.

open play music, tap the hamburger menu, then select 'downloaded only' it will then only show you music that is downloaded on your phone.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's my issue... when downloading my purchased music it should be somewhere in my phones local storage but it appears Google Play will not allow this. So I can't listen offline.

It is stored on the phone if you download it. Just not in a place that you can find with a file manager. This is because of DRM and protecting the files from piracy.

Music that is from Google Play is not readily accessed by other players, just play music. Like others have said, open the app, look for downloaded only and see what you have. Those files don't require an Internet connection to be played within the app.

You can download files via a computer to make cd's with via your Google account.

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Mmmmm.... I didn't know that! I expected the downloads to show in a file manager. Thank you everyone for all the info. This helps. đź‘Ś