Nexus 6P - Verizon - Simultaneous Data/Voice without Advanced Calling?

ralphiegb

May 11, 2016
Visit site
We recently upgraded 24 Verizon Business lines from Galaxy S5's to S7's, only to return them a few weeks later. The reason was the need for simultaneous Data/Voice without turning Advanced Calling on. Advanced calling gave us way too many issues with dropped and choppy calls. So we resorted back to the S5's because they do simultaneous Data/Voice without Advanced Calling. My understanding is (please correct me if this is not the case) that the S5's and other phones prior to 2014 had two radio antenna's in them, but the newer phones do not. I have spent weeks working with Verizon's "Executive Relations Team", "Network Support Team", "Advanced Technical Support" and my local sales reps. I seem to understand this issue more than any of the people at Verzon (or at least what they want to admit). So I decided I would try AT&T as they do not have these same issues. The problem is, AT&T has really crappy coverage where we are (very rural).

So I have not seen any definitive posts that mention whether or not the Nexus 6P has dual antenna's or not. Will this phone do simultaneous data/voice without advanced calling or HD voice turned on?

Bowlegz

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does! I'm on Verizon and I'm always using voice and data simultaneously.

Posted via the Android Central App

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The voice quality on Verizon is terrible without VoLTE. I was on AT&T with my N5 and then switched to Verizon when I got the 6P because Verizon supports VoLTE on the 6P and AT&T doesn't. Advanced calling isn't on by default so when I made my first phone call on the 6P I was shocked by how terrible the call quality was compared to the N5 on AT&T, after I enabled Advanced Calling the 6P's call quality was vastly improved.

mrvreg

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
mine also stopped working, probably around the same time - about a month or so ago. today, tried disabling on phone and rebooting, then removing feature from verizon account online (and logging out). waited a while and logged in again, re-enabled feature on verizon account. then re-enabled on phone and rebooted again. seems to be working again now (just completed a test call and some browsing).

Dooley19

May 1, 2011
Visit site
mine also stopped working, probably around the same time - about a month or so ago. today, tried disabling on phone and rebooting, then removing feature from verizon account online (and logging out). waited a while and logged in again, re-enabled feature on verizon account. then re-enabled on phone and rebooted again. seems to be working again now (just completed a test call and some browsing).
My issue was Rom related. I can't get voice over data using a CM13 Rom. AOSP works fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch