I continue to be impressed with the 6P!

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, and I know that technically this phone is "aging," but man my appreciation for this device just continues to grow. I've had it around four months now, and am currently running the fifth build of Android N. I love the screen, the battery life, the stock OS, the speakers, the phenomenal fingerprint reader,.... and the issues I do have are so few and so miniscule they don't even register in day to day use. Google and huawei really hit this one out of the park in my view. It will be interesting to see if Google can deliver again this year. Hope everyone is enjoying their Nexus as much as I am!

Posted via my Nexus 6P on Verizon (or any d**n network I choose)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I used the S7 Edge along side the 6P for a few weeks and ended up selling the Edge. It too is a great phone and other than the edge display I really enjoyed the phone. I always came back to just how smooth everything is on the 6P though. Here I was running a beta OS and it was running practically perfectly. Now preview 5 somehow is even better. Then you factor in the price and this really is an amazing phone. It will be interesting to see what the new Nexus offers. From what I have seen so far, I'll be keeping the 6P.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I used the S7 Edge along side the 6P for a few weeks and ended up selling the Edge. It too is a great phone and other than the edge display I really enjoyed the phone. I always came back to just how smooth everything is on the 6P though. Here I was running a beta OS and it was running practically perfectly. Now preview 5 somehow is even better. Then you factor in the price and this really is an amazing phone. It will be interesting to see what the new Nexus offers. From what I have seen so far, I'll be keeping the 6P.

The new nexii look disappointing, if the rumors are to be believed. Smaller screen, no stereo speakers, really the only upgrade is the SOC, and RAM. Disappointed by them this year. Def holding on to the 6P, for awhile longer.

Posted via the Android Central App

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
The new nexii look disappointing, if the rumors are to be believed. Smaller screen, no stereo speakers, really the only upgrade is the SOC, and RAM. Disappointed by them this year. Def holding on to the 6P, for awhile longer.

This. They need to make a 7P and make it even better...why did they go to HTC :(

Posted via the awesome Nexus 6P 111GB on T-Mobile :3

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 6P for almost two months and I'm also still very impressed by the overall experience. Absolutely love it, like you said some very minor flaws but so small they don't bother me enough to make this device less stellar. Best phone I've ever used, reassured me stock is the way to go.

{Nexus 6P}

Dgray2712

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I have to say, when I first heard that a little known Chinese company known for making cheap phones was making the 6P, I was disappointed. After seeing reviews though, I thought it was worth a shot. Huawei did an awesome job, and I hope they get to do more in the future if HTC drops the ball. Which it sounds like they may.

Posted on my Nexus 6P via the Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, when I first heard that a little known Chinese company known for making cheap phones was making the 6P, I was disappointed. After seeing reviews though, I thought it was worth a shot. Huawei did an awesome job, and I hope they get to do more in the future if HTC drops the ball. Which it sounds like they may.

Posted on my Nexus 6P via the Android Central App

The only reason I was hopeful is that, in the lead up to my Nexus purchase, I had a pretty solid experience with the Huawei Mate 7. Software was so so (I just covered it up with Nova Launcher), but the hardware was *excellent*. So I had a hunch that pairing their hardware with Google software might turn out nicely. Glad that it did!

And while I'm a hopeless technophile who usually needs no excuse for purchasing a new phone every year, I'm not even sure what I'd get this fall. Moto has been disappointing me, can't deal with Sammy, the closest thing might be the 1+3. But with Android N on this thing, it's doubtful I'll make the jump unless the new Nexus really brings the heat.

Posted via my Nexus 6P running Android N on AT&T (or any d**n network I choose)

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I will be selling my 6p next week while I can get top dollars for it and be waiting for the next Nexus in a couple months. I do that every year. I had the phone since lunch and it's amazing, but none the less, it is time for it to go. I'll be using my Nexus 5x while waiting on the latest nexus. Life is good.

Last edited:

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This 6P will be my 2nd 2 year phone in a row. Last one was the original Moto X. I see no reason to get the next Nexus at this point. Hell, I still have my Nexus 10 that I got on launch day. It still runs perfect & does everything I could ever want in a tablet. Sometimes a device is so good it just stands the test of time. The 6P seems to be one of those devices.

Via the Android Central App

TonySmithPhoto

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I will be selling my 6p next week while I can get top dollars for it and be waiting for the next Nexus in a couple months. I do that every year. I had the phone since lunch and it's amazing, but none the less, it is time for it to go. I'll be using my Nexus 5x while waiting on the latest nexus. Life is good.

Had the phone since lunch eh? That's a short ownership. :)

Another resounding vote for the 6P here. I've had mine since November last year and it's never missed a beat. Everything has worked perfectly. As others have said, there may well be some minor niggles along the way, nothing is actually perfect 100% of the time though, is it? But there's nothing that has caused me a single regret in getting this device.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Had the phone since lunch eh? That's a short ownership. :)

Another resounding vote for the 6P here. I've had mine since November last year and it's never missed a beat. Everything has worked perfectly. As others have said, there may well be some minor niggles along the way, nothing is actually perfect 100% of the time though, is it? But there's nothing that has caused me a single regret in getting this device.
You got me there ;)
again, 6p is a great phone but I always refresh my Nexus with next cycle. Life is too short to get married to one phone and every year, with no exception, I love the newer nexus even more and there is no reason that will not be the case with the 2016 HTC nexus. How could you not? it's a new toy and new honeymoon.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You got me there ;)
again, 6p is a great phone but I always refresh my Nexus with next cycle. Life is too short to get married to one phone and every year, with no exception, I love the newer nexus even more and there is no reason that will not be the case with the 2016 HTC nexus. How could you not? it's a new toy and new honeymoon.

I used to do that to, but the new phones look disappointing. Smaller screens, losing stereo speakers for mono. Nothing really is an upgrade besides SOC and RAM. I just don't see the need to spend another $500+ for something that is basically a downgrade in most terms. If it's cheap, say $400-$450 I'll think about it, but even still it's a hard sell coming from the 6P.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Agree with everything said here...there is nothing ,regardless of price that I`d swap my 6P for,absolutely nothing.This is my best ever phone by a country mile,Google would have to be utterly stellar with their next Nexus phone for me to even consider changing.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I used to do that to, but the new phones look disappointing. Smaller screens, losing stereo speakers for mono. Nothing really is an upgrade besides SOC and RAM. I just don't see the need to spend another $500+ for something that is basically a downgrade in most terms. If it's cheap, say $400-$450 I'll think about it, but even still it's a hard sell coming from the 6P.

Not spending another $500. I can get $400 for the one I have. 5 cases, 3 screen protectors, dbrand skin for extras. So I basically have to add $100 or $150 and I'll have the next Nexus. I do that every single year.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not spending another $500. I can get $400 for the one I have. 5 cases, 3 screen protectors, dbrand skin for extras. So I basically have to add $100 or $150 and I'll have the next Nexus. I do that every single year.

That's cool. I would do that, but the next batch of nexii don't look that good, just from the rumors coming out here and there. The 6P will get Nougat, and whatever the O version of Android is. Hopefully by then they make a big screen nexus again, and I'll be in. I just don't feel like dropping down to 5.5", that screen size is too small. We'll see though when the phone comes out, if the rumors actually pan out.