Broke my 6p... What to do next?

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
It dropped it and broke the screen in the lower right corner. The crack seems to be spreading and I can see a little bit if the internals.

No warranty anymore. Huawei will fix for $165 and I'd have no phone for 2 weeks. That quote was just for the screen. Not the other dents that may have to be fixed to get a new screen to fit.

I haven't had an iPhone since the 4. Maybe a new iPhone is an option.

I really liked using google now though. My calendar and everything is google too. I also like being able to download attachments (Does iPhone allow this now?)

I use OneDrive to automatically back up photos. Does iPhone allow this? I think it does.

Would you guys recommend waiting for the next pixel phone? Should I replace this with a new 6p? Not sure how long the current one is gonna last with that crack spreading. And due to personal reasons I cannot be without a phone for any extended length of time.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Google now is on iOS but it's not quite the same thing. For me I'd recommend one of three phones that aren't actually out yet: Pixel XL, iPhone 7 or LG V20. All three should be on shelves within the next 4-5 weeks. Of the 3 I'm most interested in the Pixel XL, but it's also the one that we know the least about.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If you really enjoy custom design stick with android. I didn't think I cared, I got a 6S for work and know for sure I prefer android.

I'd wait for pixel to be officially announced if you can...if you can't and want a nexus or nothing, then maybe try iPhone then sell it when pixel is out.

Cane Prevost

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
DIY replacement kits for the screen are now around 90 dollars. You can get a decent BLU rD1 android phone for a subsidized price of 50 bucks at Amazon. This comes with ads on the lock screen. Not a bad deal for a backup phone. 150 bucks in and you have a brand new screen and a brand new backup phone.