Problems with answering calls on my Nexus 6P...please help

jakoky

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I have owned my 6P for almost 10 months and love it but am having a real issue with it. For the past couple months, randomly, when a call comes in, whether I have to slide to answer or answer by the top notification by hitting answer, some of my calls go directly to voice mail. It is completely random, sometimes I can answer 10 out 10 calls with no issue, or then 5 out of 10 will not answer and instead puts my call to voicemail. I have tried everything, I booted in safe mode and still ran into the issue, I have restored completely twice thinking it was an app. | am with Telus, not sure if that matters. Is there anyone who can help me or guide me with what to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Since you say it's random, I'm assuming that you've tracked these instances to make sure it's not happening with certain contacts, right?

How is your cell signal in general? Does it tend to drop out with some regularity?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could use an app like SignalCheck Pro https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.blueline.signalcheck&token=a-5EZ4Jw (there's also a free version) to check your signal at the time the problem occurs.
b07e94f3d900b83512ef9a10047b5415.jpg
You could also use Settings -> Battery -> History details (touch the graph to see this view) to look at your overall cellular signal.
783d8e9d6f7ddaa09aadfa1f3d9f194a.jpg
Or you could use an app like GSam Battery Monitor Pro https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro&token=Q4GXNRdW (there's also a free version) to get a more granular breakdown of your signal quality.
7c4e52dbe0efc951198f188a447a6f60.jpg

jakoky

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the replies, I truly appreciate it. I will definitely look at the signal and see if I can find anything. I am not sure it is that though as I have tested it by grabbing another cell and sitting in the same spot and will call myself 5-10 times, and not moving it, it will work and then will fail randomly. I really believed it was an app causing, but know now it is not. I will definitely look more into the signal though to test it. Thanks again

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have restored completely twice thinking it was an app.
When you say you have 'restored' twice do you mean that you performed a Factory Reset twice?
Did you also wipe the system cache in Recovery mode?
Did you setup the device as 'New' or did you let Google restore all of your previous apps and settings?

If you've done all of the above then it's time to look into a warranty replacement.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the case made of? If there's a lot of metal (e.g, a case with lots of bling on it), it might interfere with the signal. It's unlikely, but there are some cases out there that are like this.

jakoky

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have done a full reset twice and both times setup as a new device, and have wiped the cache many times. Unfortunately nothing has worked, but what is so frustrating, is it works perfectly on 5, 6 or 7 calls and then when answering the next 3 it will do it ( have tested sitting in one spot with full service) Defintely going to talk to telus on Friday, thanks

jakoky

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have about 5 or 6 cases, all very simple and fairly slim, I also have a speck case. It has happened with all the cases on I am pretty sure!