Is it possible to improve audio streaming quality to car on 6P?

BizzyGeek

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently turned my Note 7 back in and reverted to using my Nexus 6P with new car purchased while I was on the Note 7. I am using Google Play Music via Android Auto to my car's sound system and the quality is noticeably flatter on the 6P than it was on the Note.

I have made sure that I'm streaming in high quality and have tried playing around with the EQ settings in GP Music, but I just cannot get the audio to sound nearly as good as it did on the Note 7. Can anyone give me some insight into what's going on with this? Is there any fix or is there some device specific limitation? Thank you in advance. BG

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've found that turning off EQ altogether on the phone can lead to better overall sound quality through the car's Bluetooth system. Since your car's stereo system also has either an equalizer or bass/treble controls, I'd use that to control the tone, not the phone's equalizer.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure of your context here, but unless you're streaming from an online GP Music library, can you try another audio player? I've used Poweramp for a while now (couple of years maybe) and my audio quality has always been great when streaming to my car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non